The Night Of Their First Date

Kendall likes to watch manly programs, like hockey, but there's nothing good on, so he settled for ICarly. He's bored out of his mind, so what else can he do? Carlos and Logan are hanging out with Camille and Stephanie by the pool and James apparently has somewhere to be (He can't fool anyone. They all know that he's going out with Jenna). Therefore, Kendall has no one to keep him company. He could hang out with his mom or sister, but he would feel awkward because he, being a guy, needs to hang out with other guys. Since there is no one available, he'll just have to entertain himself.

He tears his eyes away from the comedy show when he hears a crash coming from his and James's room. He sighs heavily and goes to check on his very nervous friend. He doesn't even know why James is so nervous. Jenna is just another girl. Personally, Kendall doesn't understand what's so special about her. Then again, he hasn't been flirting with her for the past week. Maybe James sees something that Kendall hasn't noticed. It's just that there were plenty of girls like Jenna back in Minnesota. Why didn't James want to date any of them? He always wanted to date the hot cheerleaders and members of the girls hockey team.

"James, what-"He stops when he sees James laying on the floor. He must have tripped over Kendall's gym bag. Maybe his mom is right. He should clean up his side of the room.

"Could you please move your stuff?" James groans as he stands back up, wiping the dust of his jeans and white South Pole hoodie. Desperately looking at himself in the mirror, he grabs his lucky comb and runs it through his hair. He might get a girlfriend today and, considering he has been single for a while, that would be pretty nice. He has been on dates lately, but he hasn't actually had a girlfriend. He really wants one, too. As of right now, he's the only single member of the band. Tonight, he's hoping that will change.

"Are you still not planning on telling me where you're going? Not that you have. I mean, it's pretty obvious where you're going." Kendall smirks.

James glares at his friend. Now is not the time for Kendall's immaturity. He needs to get out of here and to Jenna's house. He doesn't have time for any jokes. Maybe later, but not right now.

"Oh, whatever!" He groans before rushing out of the bedroom. He grabs his keys and heads out the door. In the midst of his rushing, he finds himself imagining everything that he and Jenna will do tonight. After eating, he was thinking that they could take a long walk on the beach and at the end of the night, he wouldn't mind a kiss or two. He knows that a lot of people don't believe in kissing on the first date, but James sees nothing wrong with it. But he'll only do it if Jenna wants to. He doesn't want to force her to do anything.

When he gets to Jenna's house, he gets butterflies in his stomach when he sees Jenna talking to her mom outside. At least, James thinks that it's her mom. The woman is somewhere in her forties, but still attractive for her age. James can definitely see the resemblance between her and her daughter. He's guessing that Chris looks more like their father, even though James has never seen Mr. Harper before.

He parks in front of the house, waving at Jenna. Jenna gives her mom a hug before running to the car and getting in next to James. He takes a moment to study her appearance. Tiny shorts, a pink tank top, and white flip flops.

"Are you gonna drive or not?" She teases.

"Huh? Oh, right." James says absentmindedly, starting the car and pulling away from the curb.

"Los Angeles is beautiful at night." Jenna says softly, looking out the window. "I love looking at the city lights. It never gets old."

"Same here." James agrees. He doesn't even think as he makes his next move. He takes one hand off the wheel and grabs hers. To his surprise, she doesn't let guy. He thought that she would push him away, but she seems to happily accept the gesture. Don't sweat, James. Do not sweat. It would be so humiliating if he got her hand drenched with his sweat.