Chapter 51: The Day Their Surprise Was Confirmed

Jenna has never wanted something so much in her entire life. As a child, all she wanted was a doll or a stuffed animal, but her priorities have , all she's thinking about his her baby. Is she even pregnant? Or was the test wrong? As she stares at the sonogram machine, with James's hand affectionately rubbing her stomach, her mind is fully focused on their unborn child. You know, if he or she even exists. She and James both want a baby and they both have a feeling that Jenna is pregnant. She's been having all the symptoms. She skipped her monthly, she gets sick every morning, she's angry, she's moody, and she feels bloated. Those are pregnancy symptoms, right?

"Jay, what if I'm not pregnant?" She says worriedly, anxiously waiting for the doctor. After taking some tests, Doctor Bennett went to get the results. It seems like she's taking forever to get back. They just want to hear that Jenna is expecting their first child. They want to know that's she definitely pregnant, how far along she is, and her due date. She shows all the signs of pregnancy, so all they need is for the doctor to confirm it. Then they can fully enjoy the experience without needing to question anything.

"You are." James whispers, kissing her hand.

"How do you know?" Jenna says quietly. "There can be negative pregnancy tests. I may not be pregnant, Jay. But I wanna be! I really want a baby, you know? I can't wait to become a mom."

"Jenna?" Doctor Bennett asks, quietly walking into the sonogram room. The doctor (She's probably thirty seven years old possibly a little older) pushes a strand of blonde hair away from her face and looks at some information on her clipboard.

"What did the results say?" Jenna says, sitting up.

"Congratulations." Dr Bennett smiles. "You are seven weeks and two days along. Now, I'm gonna check your baby's heartbeat."

James removes his hand from her stomach, so Dr Bennett can lifts her shirt up, revealing her stomach. As she rubs some gel on it, Jenna shivers at the coldness. She shivers again when Dr Bennett rubs some kind of strange device over her stomach. James holds her hand and they look at the screen, smiling when a beautiful image appears. It doesn't look like a baby yet, but they can see a glimpse of their growing child. It's very small, though. But it doesn't matter. All they care about is the fact that Jenna is really expecting their child.

"The heartbeat sounds good." Dr Bennett tells them. "Your baby's heartbeat is 107 per minute."

"Is that good?" James asks, squeezing Jenna's hand.

"It's very good." Dr Bennett responds. "At seven weeks, the heartbeat should be between 90 and 110, but it'll get faster as the pregnancy progresses. Jenna, you're off to a good start. Your due date is March 9, but that's just an estimate. You could deliver sooner or later than that. Do you have any questions?"

"Do I need prenatal vitamins?" Jenna says as James helps her sit up.

"Yes!" Dr Bennett says as she starts filling out a prescription. "It's called Trimedisyn. It has all the essential ingredients. You can pick it up at the Target Pharmacy."

"Thanks." Jenna says as Dr Bennett gives her the prescription. With James's help, she climbs off the examination table.

"I want to see you again next month." Dr Bennett says as they walk into the lobby. "I'll call you ahead of time, though."

"Okay." Jenna says before she and James walk outside. As they are walking to their car, James notices some paparazzi standing not too far away. He suddenly feels extra protective of his wife and their unborn child, tightening his arm around Jenna's shoulders. He was already protective of Jenna, but now that she's expecting their baby, he feels an even stronger need to keep her safe. After all, she's carrying a human life inside of her. He isn't about to let any of those invasive paparazzi anywhere near his wife and child.