Chapter 36: The Day Of Both Love and Loneliness

These past several months that Jo has spent in New Zealand have been fun. She won't deny that. However, she misses LA like crazy. Most of all, she misses Kendall. They dated for more than two years and everything was going so well for them, but she got the role of a lifetime and Kendall basically insisted that she go ahead and accept the part when it was offered to her. That's what she loves about him. He's supportive of her career. He didn't even get mad when he found out about the possibility that she might be leaving him, so she could film a movie in another country. A lot of boyfriends would be all controlling and think that the girl needs to be more focused on their relationship.

As Jo lays on the couch in her trailer (This is where the stars hang out when they're not filming a scene) and listens to BTR's second album, she finds herself thinking about her ex boyfriend (She hates saying that). She remembers when they would go on dates and have girly romantic lunches by the Palm Woods pool. Why did this role have to come along when her relationship was going so well? She's excited to be in this movie, yet she would love to be home with Kendall and all of her friends? She misses Camille, Lucy, Jenna, and the guys.

"Jo, you alright?" Dak asks from outside, knocking on the door.

"Um, yeah!" Jo says quickly standing up. She walks over to her vanity mirror, checking her hair and makeup before walking to the door. She opens it and finds her costar standing on the steps. Dak has pretty much become her closest friend since they came here. It's kind of nice to have him around. She's in a new place without her boyfriend with her and Dak is usually able to cheer her up.

"Hey, we've gotta go film the fight scene in a minute." Dak tells her. They're just starting to finish up filming for Chauncey Jackson and The Magic Gallows, the first movie in the series. When they came to New Zealand, they didn't start filming right away. They spent three months on training for the fight scenes, then they started filming. The fight scenes are the most challenging, so the producers wanted to make sure that the actors were prepared. The Chauncey Jackson movies has some pretty wild adventure scenes.

"I'll be there in a minute." Jo says, walking over to her vanity mirror. She looks at her reflection for a moment. Torn up jeans, plain red T shirt, her blonde hair straightened and kind of messy (It's suppose to be that way), and (fake) scratches on her face and arms make up her costume for this scene. She does not look like Jo Taylor anymore. She's Victoria, the love interest of Chauncey Jackson. By the way, Dak is playing Chauncey.

"Are you still thinking about him?" Dak asks, coming up behind her.

"Yeah." Jo admits as Dak wraps his arms around her waist. No, they're not dating. They've just become very close friends, who are not afraid to be affectionate to each other. She just hates how the tabloids make it seem like they're together, with unnamed sources saying that the two are totally into each other. Dak is a great friend, but she's not interested in having him as a boyfriend.

"Come on." Dak says, watching as Jo turns the stereo off. He wraps his arm around her waist and they walk out the door.

"Your hair is fine." Jenna says as James runs his lucky comb through the strands. He's been trying to get his hair "just right" for the past twenty minutes. She doesn't even know why he cares so much. It's not like they're going anywhere today. They're just gonna hang around the Palm Woods. His hair looks good enough already, so his behavior is starting to confuse her.

"No, it doesn't." James argues.

Jenna shakes her head as she takes the comb from him. She's sitting on the sink counter, while James checks out his appearance in the mirror. She's not sure whether she should be amused or worried. He's perfect just the way he is, yet he never seems to think that his appearance is good enough. He spends at least an hour on getting ready in the mornings. Is that normal for a guy to be like that? Maybe it is! Jenna just doesn't see how someone as adorable as James could be so obsessed with looking absolutely perfect.