Chapter 59: The Day They Returned To Their Hometown

James doesn't want to forget about Jenna, but he doesn't want to start crying every time he enters his own home. That's why he has to leave Los Angeles. He won't be able to sleep in his own bed or go to the Palm Woods park without think about her. She was his precious girl and he lost her. How can he stay in the town where he met and lost the love of his life? Anyway, he doesn't have the strength to continue Big Time Rush. His depression combined the exhaustion of caring for a newborn baby would definitely cause some problems with the band. He doesn't understand why the guys are quitting, though. If they really tried, they could make it as a trio. They don't need James, do they?

He watches with tears in his eyes as Kendall and Logan say goodbye to their girlfriends. Well, ex girlfriends. After the funeral reception, Logan and Kendall talked to the girls and decided that it would be best if they broke up. There's 1730 miles between Los Angeles and Grand Marais, so there's no way that the two couples could stay together. For them, a long distance relationship is not a happy relationship. Truthfully, James is sad that they're quitting the band and breaking up with their girls just because he's quitting the band.

As of right now, Kenzie is the only good thing in his life. That little girl is the one thing that is preventing him from completely breaking down. He loves his little princess. Okay, so he isn't the best father in the world. At night, he'll get up whenever she needs him. During the day, he mostly lays around and lets someone else take care of her. He can't sleep at night anyway, so Kenzie gives him something to do. Once the daytime comes, he's so exhausted from being up most of the night, so he lets someone else handle his responsibilities. He feels like the worst father in the world, but he adores his baby girl.

He's holding Kenzie so her head is resting on his shoulder. She's finding entertainment in watching her surroundings. She's a very curious little girl, always watching what goes on around her. James may be hurting, but he loves having Kenzie in his life. He was afraid that she wouldn't like him, but she loves her daddy. Well, he thinks she loves him.

"Bye, Jay." Camille says, giving him a hug.

"Bye." James says softly, wrapping his free arm around her. He looks at Lacey, who isn't talking to anyone. She was Jenna's best friend and James is incredibly worried about her. She didn't talk to anyone at the reception yesterday, except for Gabby. Like James, she's taking Jenna's death pretty hard. Gabby said that she actually failed her History test on Wednesday, even though History is normally one of her better subjects. She doesn't seem to care about anything anymore. James hopes that she'll get better eventually.

"We'll miss you guys." Jo tells them.

They all wave at their friends before walking out to the limo. James looks up at the Palm Woods with tears in his eyes, then he climbs into the vehicle.

"Hon, I want you, Kenzie, and Chris to live with me until you find your own place." Brooke says, while holding Kenzie. James nods and rests his head on her shoulder. Brooke looks at him with concern. Why can't he just talk to people? When people ask him a question, he either shrugs, nods, or shakes his head. He might mutter an occasional "okay" or "whatever," but he doesn't say much. She doesn't know how she can help him, but it looks pretty hopeless. Even when they try, their attempts are unsuccessful.

"We're about to land." She says, making another attempt at getting him to talk. James nods again, closing his eyes. Brooke sighs and kisses her son's forehead, looking at her granddaughter. Kenzie's eyes are open and she's waving her little arms. She looks at James, making some adorable squeaking sound. James takes her into his arms, kissing her forehead.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your seatbelts." The pilot announces. "We will be landing in Minneapolis shortly."

James sighs and kisses Kenzie's cheek, feeling thoughts of Jenna come into his mind. He's holding their daughter and Jenna isn't here to enjoy it with him. She was so excited about this baby and childbirth ended up killing her. He wouldn't trade his baby girl for anything, but he would give anything else if he could have Jenna back. He'll break his lucky comb if he has to. Anything to have Jenna back in his arms.