Chapter 15: The Day After The Disaster

Big Time Prom Disaster

When Big Time Rush singer and girlfriend of more than two months, high school senior Jenna Harper, attended Jenna's prom at Lincoln High School, they were obviously expecting to have a good time. James and Jenna, both 17, were enjoying a dance together when a fellow classmate of Jenna's, Anna Dalton, invited the paparazzi to come out from under the bleachers to start snapping pictures of the couple. Many onlookers seemed confused at first, but Anna's intention became clear when Jenna started to walk away and Anna stepped on her dress, ripping it and causing Jenna to fall flat on her face.

Gustavo isn't even able to finish reading the article in Pop Tiger magazine. He isn't sure whether to be sympathetic of James and Jenna, or infuriated with the paparazzi. That dog and his dogette were suppose to go to prom, have fun, not do anything stupid or embarrassing, then go home. Yet this happened! He got a call at seven this morning, saying that there had been an incident at Jenna's prom. He logs into his Scuttlebutter account and everyone is talking about it, posting videos, pictures, and news articles. He's horrified. Jenna may not be a singer or actress, but she is directly associated with BTR because she's dating a member of the band. Then again, this could be considered good publicity. After all, many articles said that James was quick to follow his girlfriend and comfort her, which might help people see James as something other than the player of the group.

"Okay, maybe this doesn't have to be a bad thing." Gustavo says as he paces in the sitting area. All four of the guys, plus Jenna, are sitting either on the couch or in the chairs. James is sitting on the couch with Jenna, his arm around her shoulders as he kisses her temple. She's still embarrassed by the whole situation. Paparazzi were waiting for them outside the studio and they got bombarded with questions. James was ready to wring their necks because they kept bothering him and Jenna, but the other guys managed to keep him from attacking the photographers.

"Yeah, It does." Kelly argues. "This isn't about publicity. That girl was bullying Jenna. This isn't about publicity!"

"Yeah, but think about it this way." Gustavo responds. "People see James as the selfish player of Big Time Rush, but when he chased after Jenna, he was showing his sweeter side, which means that he might have a chance at repairing his reputation. Everyone in Hollywood is already surprised that he's managed to keep one girl for this long."

James shakes his head as he lifts his hand to Jenna's cheek, stroking it gently. She's pretty shaken up by the whole thing and James is hoping they can get out of here soon, so they can just focus on each other. What Jenna needs is a relaxing day by the Palm Woods pool with James by her side.

"Gustavo, I don't care about what anyone thinks about me." He says, kissing Jenna's hand. "I just care about Anna getting what she deserves."

"We'll take care of her later." Gustavo says with a wave of his hand.

"It better be soon." Kendall mutters.

"I'm glad Lacey punched her." Carlos adds.

Logan just sits back and listens as his friends start arguing with Gustavo, not agreeing with either group. First of all, Gustavo should stop worrying about publicity. Whether there's publicity or not, bullying is not right. Anna tipped off the paparazzi, embarrassed Jenna, and succeeded in making herself look like a complete jerk. But he doesn't agree with Carlos either. Logan has always believed that fighting doesn't solve anything. If he had been Lacey, he would have just walked away. Lacey could have went to comfort Jenna, like James did. The whole situation makes Logan sick.

"Guys!" Kelly interrupts. "Look, why don't you guys go home for today? We'll call you tomorrow."

"Fine." The guys murmur quietly.