Chapter 11: The First Day Of A New Year

"These cheese and crackers are really good." Jenna says, her legs draped over James's lap. Today, they're having a little New Years celebration with their friends. Ms. Knight is making some finger foods and they're all gonna watch the New Years party in New York City. Jenna was happy when her parents allowed her to come to the Palm Woods, even though they were kind of reluctant about it. They still don't like James, but they seem to tolerate Jenna's relationship with. It's just stupid that even when he is polite to them, they still fail to be even a little friendly to him.

"Hmm hmm." James mumbles though a mouthful of the cheese and crackers. Jenna giggles and wipes some cheese from the corners of his mouth. She squeals when he tickles her stomach, laughing. James grabs her and pulls her onto his lap, eveloping her in a bear hug. He squeezes her as tightly as possible, kissing her cheek over and over again. Jenna's laughter gets louder and soon James is laughing as well. Jenna throws her arms around his neck and rests her forehead against his, and James surprises her with a kiss on the lips.

"Hey, calm down, you two." Jo jokes as she and Kendall take a seat on the couch. Jenna giggles and rests her head on James's shoulder, sighing when he plays with her hair and kisses her forehead. She asked Lacey if she wanted to come, but the girl was going out with some other friends. They're probably gonna go to some nightclub and celebrate the new year there.

"The show doesn't start for another twenty minutes." Carlos complains as he and Stephanie sit on the floor.

"Jay, come with me." Jenna says, pulling James off the couch. James frowns as his girlfriend leads him into the restroom, closing the door. He doesn't know what this is about, but he wouldn't mind finding out. Jenna is acting so mysterious and James is confused. James doesn't like feeling confused. He hopes that she'll tell him in a minute.

He smiles when she hugs and kisses him.

"I wanted to be able to kiss you without people making jokes about it." She explains, smiling when James pulls her into his arms. She closes her eyes and lets him hum to her softly. She kisses his chest and sighs softly, smiling as they leave the restroom. When gives them a look, they smile awkwardly and wave before rushing back to the living room. James sits down and Jenna sits on his lap, her back against his chest.

James kisses the side of her neck and tries to keep from laughing himself when she giggles.

"I love the Smores." Camille says, grabbing another Smores from the plate on the coffee table.

James smiles when Jenna looks at him. He loves when she comes over. They talk, laugh, kiss (His favorite part), and just have fun. He knows that she occasionally needs a break from that family of hers. He still can't understand what they have against him. Jenna is his girlfriend and all he wants is for her family to like him. He tries everything to impress him, but nothing seems to be working. They're impossible and it really bothers James. It's been more than a month since he and Jenna started dating and he has been nothing but loyal to her. Yet her family believes that it's just a matter of time before he cheats on her. In a way, he can understand that they don't want her to get hurt, but James isn't gonna hurt her.

"Jay, what are you thinking about?" Jenna asks worriedly.

"Nothing." James lies, giving her a weak smile.

"We'll talk later." Jenna says, kissing his cheek before facing the TV.

After watching the New Years party, made everyone get ready for bed. Jenna is spending the night, but she has to sleep on the couch. This is her first time sleeping over at her boyfriend's home and she's really excited. Every once in a while, she needs a break from her overbearing parents, even though she loves them a lot. Right now, she feels relaxed. She's wearing the pajamas she got for Christmas, she's spending the night with her boyfriend and new friends, and there's no one criticizing her and treating her like a child.