Chapter 53: A Day Of Mood Swings Gone Wild

James carefully watches the sonogram screen, holding Jenna's hand. Dr Bennett put some gel on her stomach and is moving that strange device all over it. They can actually see the baby on the display screen and it looks a lot bigger than it did at first. Jenna is 19 weeks along, which means that she's in her fifth month. She's noticeably pregnant now and can only wear maternity clothes. Her baby bump is too adorable. Anyway, today is a very special day for them because they are gonna find out the gender of their child. Yes, they talked about it before making a decision. They decided that they really wanna wouldn't be able to handle the anticipation for four more months.

"Congratulations, guys." Dr Bennett says, removing the device from Jenna's stomach. "You're having a beautiful baby girl."

Tears start streaming down Jenna's cheeks, a smile on her face. James's eyes well up with tears, but he doesn't let them fall because he wants to look manly for his wife. He just smiles and kisses her hand before standing up. He leans over and kisses her on the lips, while Dr Bennett wipes the gel off her stomach. She sits up and holds her stomach as Dr Bennett helps her off the examination table.

"I want to see you again in three weeks." Dr Bennett tells them.

"We'll be here." Jenna says before she and James walk down the hallway. They walk through the lobby and out the front doors, relieved that they don't see any paparazzi. It was around Jenna's fourth month that the media started getting suspicious and the official announcement was made almost two weeks ago. So far, the media attention hasn't been too bad, just a few articles on gossip websites about James, Jenna, and Jenna's adorable baby bump. You know, stuff like "Big Time Rush wife Jenna Harper flaunts baby bump during a shopping trip with her hubby." It's actually rather amusing.

Once they are both in the car, Jenna puts her hands on her tummy. She smiles and quickly grabs James's hand, putting it on her stomach. James looks confused for a moment, then he realizes what's happening. A single tear rolls down his cheek when his daughter kicks his hand.

"Our little girl is finally kicking." Jenna says softly.

"Can we start calling her MacKenzie now?" James asks softly.

"Yeah." Jenna nods.

"Kenzie, don't kick your mommy too hard." James coos, kissing his wife's stomach. Then he sits up and starts the car, backing out of the parking space. He still feels tears of joy in his eyes. They're gonna have a beautiful baby girl. Little MacKenzie hasn't even been born, yet James already loves her. She's his little princess and nothing is ever gonna change that.

"Kenzie, I think daddy is feeling emotional." Jenna whispers.

"Shut up." James laughs weakly.

"Hey, be nice!" Jenna says, ruffling his hair.

James smiles softly and takes one hand off the wheel, holding Jenna's hand. When they get back to the apartment, he's not gonna be able to keep his hands off Jenna's tummy. Feeling the baby kick for the first time is a beautiful thing. He just can't wait until he can hold his baby girl and see her face. He's a little nervous, but it's nothing compared to the excitement that he's feeling.

"We've gotta start buying stuff for our little princess." He says, puttng his hand on her stomach.

"Maybe later." Jenna yawns. "I'm tired."

"Great." James says sarcastically as he pulls into his usual parking space. "The paparazzi are here."

He watches the photographers standing buy the entrance, waiting to see what celebrities they can find. James is fully prepared to start something with anyone that harms his wife and daughter. He isn't gonna let the paparazzi mess with his wife, especially not when she's expecting their baby. It's already annoying, but it's worse now that she's pregnant. She doesn't need scumbag photographers bothering her and stressing her out. If they do or say anything to Jenna, James is gonna pissed off.