Chapter 34: The Night They Threw A Big Time Party

James breathes deeply as he jogs along a sidewalk at the Palm Woods park. Ever since the tour ended two months ago, he's been doing his usual daily workouts again. Today is Halloween and he's going to make sure that he looks really good for the party that he and the guys are throwing in 2J. He's gotta get changed into his costume, then he's gotta pick Jenna up. She doesn't know this, but he's gonna dress up as Bandana Man, a superhero that he created himself. In his opinion, Bandana Man is really cool. They should make a movie about Bandana Man. It could be a huge success. But that's not the important thing. Jenna refused to tell him what she was gonna be. She said that it's a "surprise." Well, it's driving him crazy.

He comes to a stop once he arrives at the Big Time Rush mobile. He runs a hand through his sweaty hair, then gets into the drivers seat. He's gonna have to take a good shower when he gets home. He's not gonna be a sweaty mess at the party. He's sure that Jenna will look cute, so he needs to look just as good as his girlfriend. Anyway, there's gonna be other people at the party, too. Camille, Lucy, Guitar Dude, Tyler, The Jennifers, Dak, Jett, Mercedes, McKenna, Greg, Lacey, Gabriella, and some other people. James has to look good for the guests.

He backs out of the parking lot. As he is driving, he messes with the dial on the radio, finally finding his favorite radio station. He listens to the upbeat pop/rock tune, yet he still pays attention to the road ahead of him. When he was learning how to drive, his mom warned him to always pay attention to what he's doing. When he's behind the wheel, he doesn't let anything distract him. He's still thinking about the Halloween party, but he's not gonna let himself get into a car accident. Sure, he's excited, but safety is the most important thing.

Maybe Jenna will dress up as a princess! Or a vampire! Maybe he can convince her to wear some bandanas and she can be Bandana Girl. It would be cool, since he's gonna be Bandana Man. Of course, Jenna probably wants to wear a "normal" costume. James made up Bandana Man on his own. There's no Bandana Man costumes in stores, but it would be really cool if there were.

James wraps a bandana around his head, completing his Bandana Man costume. The whole thing consists of black jeans and black T shirt with purple bandanas around his wrists, ankles, waists, and his head. There's no way that Jenna won't enjoy that, right? She has seen him dress as Bandana Man before and she said that it's cute, so he hopes that she still feels that way. And he's still dying to know what her costume is. He's sure that it's something that will look really cute on her. He's kind of hoping for the fairy princess thing. Every time he tried to guess, she would giggle and remind him that she's not telling.

"Hey, you're gonna pick Jenna up?" Ms Knight asks him.

"Yeah." James tells her.

"Alright, just don't take too long." Ms Knight smiles. "And be careful!"

"I will." James says before rushing out the door. He's been looking forward to seeing Jenna's costume all week. The anticipation is even worse since she wouldn't even give him a hint about the costume. All he's hearing from her is "It's a surprise!" and he's tired of it. He wants to know what his girlfriend is wearing to this party and he hopes that it looks really hot on her. A cute costume for a very cute girl.

He rides the elevator to the first floor, then eagerly walks through the lobby. He walks out to the parking lot and over to the Big Time Rush mobile. He gets into the drivers seat and backs out of the parking space. This time, he leaves the radio off. He just wants to focus on getting to his girlfriend's house.

He parks in front of Jenna's house. Chris is watering the grass and James has to laugh. He doesn't even know why it's so funny. She's into relaxing activities. She can't stand anything super athletic, like football or jogging. She loves gardening, cooking, and watching soap operas. Jenna's the same way. When she goes to the hockey rink with the guys, she will not set foot on the ice unless she is forced. Sometimes they'll carry her onto the ice just to annoy her and every time she tries to get away, they'll drag her right back onto the ice.