Chapter 13: The Day That Their Love Was Approved

"I thought that my mom was okay with him at first, but after a while, she started acting just like my dad." Jenna says while she and Lacey eat breakfast. She talked to Chris earlier this morning and she said that their parents still think that James is all wrong for Jenna. Apparently, Chris asked why mom was okay with James at first, then changed her mind. According to Chris, the woman's response was "He seems like a nice boy, but I've read stuff about him and I don't think Jenna should be with a boy like that." It's so stupid! Doesn't she know that tabloids lie? They don't know James like his family and friends do. Jenna thinks that he's a really good guy that most parents would probably be okay with.

"She'll come around in a few days." Lacey says, taking her empty boal of oatmeal to the kitchen. "Do you need me to drive you to the Palm Woods?"

"Yeah." Jenna says, taking her own bowl and putting it in the sink. She's suppose to get her drivers license soon, so she'll finally be able to drive herself around, instead of relying on Lacey or someone else to take her places. She can't wait until she can enjoy the privileges of adulthood. When she turns eighteen, she can vote, go to nightclubs, and get married (Not that she plans on it yet.) Since she's still living at home, she has her parents telling her what to do, but when she graduates, she and Lacey are going to be sharing a dorm at UCLA.

"Come on." Lacey says, grabbing her car keys. They walk out the front door and to her car, a white convertible. They get in and she backs out of the garage. Jenna just stares out the window, needing to see James and make him feel better. He sounded so sad when she talked to him on the phone, so she needs to see him in person and hug him and kiss him until he feels better. She'll do whatever it takes to make her parents see how amazing James is. They may not think that she's old enough to be in love, but she is and they're just gonna have to deal with it.

"Do you really love James?"

"Of course." Jenna says. "I love him a lot."

"Then your parents should really calm down." Lacey says, shaking her head. "I know if I was in love and my mom told me that I couldn't be with the guy, I would be really hurt. When you really love something, you don't wanna live without it. If you feel that you love James enough to have a long term relationship with him, your parents need to know that. All you told them was that you guys finally said you loved each other, but you didn't tell them just how strong that love is."

"I guess you're right." Jenna smiles.

They finally arrive at the Palm Woods. Lacey finds a space in the parking garage, then they enter the building. Jenna waves at Tyler, who is eyeing Lacey. He seems to have developed a crush on the girl. He has no chance since she's much older than him, but it's one of those crushes that a little boy would have on his hot babysitter.

Jenna gives the boy a friendly wave, while Lacey tries to ignore the stupid grin that he's giving her. They enter the elevator and Jenna leans against the wall, anxiously waiting for the elevator to arrive on the second floor. It only takes a few seconds, but it seems like forever. When they finally leave the elevator, she makes a run for it. She nearly stumbles as she rushes to apartment 2J, turning the doorknob and walking inside.

"Is James here?" She asks Logan.

"Yeah, he's in the restroom." Logan responds. "He's just working on his hair, though."

"I need to talk to him." Jenna says, walking through the kitchen and opening the bathroom door. She leans against the doorframe while she watches James run his "lucky comb" through his hair. Is it wierd that she finds his obsession with his hair sort of hot? She likes a guy that cares about his appearance. That's better than a guy that never takes a bath.

"Let me do it." She says, taking the comb from him. She makes him sit on the bathroom floor, while she sits behind him. She kisses his cheek and combs his hair, giggling when he leans back against her. She hopes that she can convince her parents to accept their relationship because she couldn't possible stand not having this boy in her life. In the few short months they've been together, James has become so important to her. She needs him. She loves him. They have something really special going on and she wants her family to support that. She would understand their concern if James were a criminal or a drug/alcohol addict, but he's not. He's a sweet and adorable guy that she has completely fallen for.