Chapter 21: The Night Of Their First Argument

Ms. Knight loves her children, even the one's that are not biologically related to her. James, Carlos, and Logan are just like son's to her, especially since they all came out to LA. She has been there to help them with any problems and she has given them advice when they need it. And she always knows when they're sick or upset, even if they try to hide it. James is one of the worst when it comes to holding in feelings. Recently, his dad's attempts to contact him have become more frequent, yet he acts like it doesn't bother him. What gave his real feelings away? When Jenna said "If it doesn't bother you, I guess you don't mind talking to him" and he got an incredibly irritated look on his face.

She's baking cookies for the kids tonight and while she waits for them to finish, she watches James and Jenna in the living room. Jenna is a very sweet girl and she's been really good to James. Personally, there has been very few of James's past girlfriends that has actually liked. Annie and Rachel were nice, but those relationships didn't last very long. In a little less than two months, James and Jenna will be celebrating their one year anniversary. It's nice to see James in a committed relationship. In fact, was quite thrilled when he gave that girl a promise ring. Obviously, they have something really special together.

She watches as Jenna giggles and recieves a big hug and kiss from James. Jenna's sitting on James's lap while they watch episodes of Spongebob Squarepants. cringes when she hears that Sponge's obnoxious laugh. Don't get her wrong. She loves Spongebob as much as the next person, but it's the laugh that gets her. It's...She doesn't even know. James and Jenna seem to be enjoying it. James laughs when Squidward starts playing with a reef blower and Jenna surprises him with a kiss on the cheek, then he kisses her on the lips in return. Such a happy couple...

Ms Knight removes the warm and chewy chocolate chip cookies from the oven. With the oven mitt still on, she starts putting the cookies on a plate. Once they're all on the plate, she takes mitt off and carries the plate to the living room.

"The cookies are done." She says. "But be careful because they're very hot."

"Thanks, Mama Knight." Jenna smiles.

"Where are Katie and the other boys?"

"They went down to the pool, but they said they'll be back soon." James says while Jenna snuggles against him. "I just wanted to stay here with my girl."

"Oh, okay!" chirps before merrily walking back to the kitchen.

"Her cookies are amazing." James says as he grabs a cookie. He keeps biting the cookie until it's completely gone, then he watches as Jenna grabs one for herself. He is confused when she splits it in half. She eats one half and holds the other in front of his face, but when he tries to grab it, she pushes his hand away.

"Open." She tells him. He slowly opens his mouth and lets her feed the cookie to him. He smiles shyly and squeezes her waist, placing a kiss on the side of her neck. She doesn't have classes tomorrow, so she's spending the night at 2J with him. As usual, she is not permitted to sleep in James's bed with him, but sometimes she'll sneak into his room and lay down with him for a few minutes. When he wakes up in the middle of the night to get a glass of milk or something, he likes to sit next to her and watch her sleep.

"Hey, can I play with your hair?" She asks him.

"What are you gonna do to it?" James asks suspiciously.

"Calm down." Jenna giggles, grabbing her boyfriend's black comb off the end table. She combs his strands of brown hair, her other hand behind his head to keep it still. It's amazing how soft a teenage boy's hair can be, especially James's hair. It takes him an hour to get ready to go anywhere and although it would be annoying to most people, she's grateful that he gives his appearance a little effort. Besides, his soft hair is fun to touch, especially if she's bored. He just gets annoyed when she starts messing it up.