Chapter 26: The Day Jenna Defended The Guys

"DOGS, run it again!" Gustavo says in annoyance. "You're doing the dance wrong!"

Jenna and Lacey both roll their eyes as Gustavo complains about the boys dancing. They're doing great yet Gustavo seems determined to find something wrong with them. Quite franky, Jenna feels like telling him off because she's really tired of hearing him yell at her guy and his friends. And the poor guys look so tired and are in serious need of a break. Jenna was thinking about taking James to Starbucks after rehearsal, so he could get a hazelnut latte. He deserves a reward for all of his hard work. It seems like a hazelnut latte always relaxes him when he's tired, stressed out, and irritated. According to the look on his face right now, he's really annoyed with Gustavo's attitude. They all are. Even Kelly seems to be tired of it.

"Gustavo, you need to give them a break." Kelly warns him. Gustavo glares at the four boys on the practice stage. Break? A break? They can't take a break! Griffin called this morning and said that he's planning a world tour for the boys that will start in May and last through the whole summer, so they need to practice their butts off if they're gonna get this right. There will be thousands of fans at each show and he's not about to let these dogs screw it up. A world tour is huge for BTR and they need to make sure that it's amazing.

"These monkey dogs have a tour coming up! A world tour, Kelly! If we don't keep rehearsing, they'll just embarrass themselves in front of their fans! And that performing just won't cut it!" He rants, pointing at the four boys. "So I want them to do it again until they get it right!"

"Okay, you know what? You are pushing them way too hard!" Jenna finally speaks up, while Lacey starts cracking up in the background.

"Excuse me? But it's not your job to tell me what to do." Gustavo says, getting in her face. Jenna stands her ground, looking him in the eyes. She's not going to let herself be intimidated by this jerk. Even though the guys are motioning for her to shut up, she gets looking at Gustavo, determined to win this argument. She's tired of him pushing James and the other guys around, so it's time for her to do something about it.

"Okay, I've been dating one of your "dogs" for the past year and I have every right to defend him and his friends." Jenna argues. "I know that this world tour is important, but you've really gotta loosen up. They're gonna be amazing, but if you keep pressuring them, that's gonna make them mess up. They need rest and relaxation every once in a while!"

She looks up as James frantically presses buttons on his phone. What is he doing? Seconds later, her own phone beeps. Apparently, James sent her a text message. She reads the message and rolls her eyes.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

"I'm defending you." She tells him, giving Gustavo a look.

"Either you can shut up or get out of here." Gustavo growls. Jenna looks at James, who shakes his head. Ugh, she might as well give up. She really doesn't want to get kicked out of Rocque Records. She loves going to work with James and she doesn't want to lose that privilege. But she was just trying to help. She doesn't like to see Gustavo treating the guys like dirt.

"Fine." She mutters. Gustavo gives her one last look before facing the boys. Lacey is trying to hold back laughter, which makes Jenna and Kelly give her dirty looks. She takes a deep breath and tries to calm herself, even though her amused smile is still present.

After two more hours of rehearsing, the guys are finally allowed to go home. They grab their gym bags and quickly walk out the door. James wraps his other arm around Jenna's shoulders, kissing her temple. As they walk down the hallway, he gently rubs her upper arm. After she tried to stand up for them, she became a lot quieter. He knows that her intentions were good, but James doesn't want her getting into trouble. If someone pushes Gustavo too far, he'll completely lose his mind. James doesn't want Jenna being the victim of the man's crazy rampages.