Chapter 10: The Night They Had A Big Time Christmas

"He's probably on that plane right now." Jenna complains, looking up at her star decorated ceiling. She likes turning the lights off and watching the little stickers glow in the dark. It helps when she's depressed or lonely. James was suppose to fly out to Minnesota today with the rest of the Big Time Rush family. While he does that, Jenna has been spending Christmas eve with her overly nurturing mother, over protective father, Chris (who is as overly nurturing as their mother), and her opinionated aunt. Aunt Lauren is thirty five and she's been divorced twice. Jenna loves her, but she also gets on people's nerves. When she found out that Jenna was dating James, she immediately decided that the relationship meant nothing but trouble.

"You know, Aunt Lauren doesn't think that James is good enough for you." Chris comments. "She said that he's a womanizer and if you stay with him, you'll probably end up getting pregnant, married, and divorced before you're twenty five."

Jenna rolls her eyes. Aunt Lauren would say that. She's a know it all. She thinks that she can decide what's going to happen to someone before it even happens. She assumes that just because Jenna is dating someone in show business, James is going to get her pregnant, marry her, then cheat on her, and then she'll file for divorce. That's not gonna happen. She can't believe anyone thinks that it would happen. She and James are not that kind of couple. They're two innocent teenagers that are dating. It's like everyone's waiting for the downfall of their relationship, even their own families. It seems like their friends are the only ones that are being supportive. That's pretty sad.

"Of course." She mutters, sitting up. She sits with her back against the headboard, cuddling her stuffed panda to her chest. No one acted this way when she and Aaron were dating. Then again, Aaron was a regular high school student just like her. She doesn't really understand what her family has against James. He may be in show business, but he's so sweet and caring. How could anyone not like that boy? She hopes that they won't end up talking trash when he's around. He wasn't exactly happy when that paparazzi asked Jenna about him cheating on her.

"Look, I know it seems like everyone wants your relationship to fail, but we don't." Chris says gently. "In fact, we worry about it failing. We know that you like him and we don't want you to end up hurt when you two break up."

"How do you know that we'll break up?" Jenna retorts.

"I don't." Chris agrees.

Jenna messes with the hem of her pink, long sleeve see through, which has a sky blue tank top underneath. She's tired of everyone criticizing her for dating James. She likes him and no one can stop her from being with him. They haven't even tried getting to know him. Everytime he comes over, Jenna's dad makes sarcastic comments, while her mom and sister try to act polite but end up acting really awkward and stupid. Jenna wishes that they could learn to like James because he's a really sweet guy. He's her guy.

"Whatever." She sighs before leaving the bedroom. She walks downstairs and to their kitchen, grabbing a Coca Cola from the fridge. She takes two sips, then puts it away. She starts to leave the kitchen, but Aunt Lauren stops her. She gives her aunt a fake smile and tries to brace herself for whatever insults the woman is about to make toward her boyfriend.

"Sweetie, I would like to talk to you about that boyfriend of yours." Aunt Lauren says, guiding Jenna to the dining room. "Sit down."

"Aunt Lauren, I know you don't like him, but-" Jenna starts to say as she sits across from her aunt.

"I understand that you like this boy and you say that he's really sweet, but I don't know if some guy from a boy band is right for you." Aunt Lauren explains, jumping into one of her lectures. "You don't know him that well, you've only been with him for a little more than a month, and I'm concerned that you two are moving just a little too fast. You seem him almost every day, you talk to him on the phone all the time, and the background on your phone is a picture of you and him together. You're only seventeen and you don't need to worry about being in a serious relationship yet. You need to think about college, then you can get married and have as many babies as you want."