Chapter 17: The Night Of Their Perfect Prom

Jenna doesn't want to think about what happened at her own senior prom, but that's exactly what she's doing. What if the Jennifers decide to go all psycho on her? Of course, they told her that they wouldn't go that far, but she doesn't have to trust them. People can say a lot of things, but not everything is true. She just wants to have a good time with James, like she was hoping to do last time. She wants to see James win Prom King and hopefully not see him dancing with one of the Jennifers. She'll be happy if any of the guys get it, but she's really rooting for her man.

She checks herself from every angle: Both sides, back, and front. Jo took her dress shopping last week and she's really proud of the one she picked out. It's a simple silk turqoise halter dress and she loves it. Since there's not any bling on it, she's wearing really sparkly earings and an equally sparkly bracelet, along with some shiny silver high heel shoes. Her hair is curled and pulled into a side ponytail on her right.

She jumps and nearly drops her bottle of perfume when she hears something hitting her window. She puts the perfume down and rushes to the window, lifting it up. She looks out the window, her eyes widening when she sees James looking up at her. Leave it to him to pick the riskiest and most romantic way to pick her up. Silly, adorable James. He's so crazy, but she loves him.

"James David Diamond!" She whispers loudly. Her boyfriend has a huge smile on his face and she resists the urge to roll her eyes. If they get in trouble for this, she is going to kill him. On second thought, she'll kiss him first, then kill him.

"Hey, what are you doing with that ladder?" She whispers as the top of her dad's ladder appears in front of her. Should she get him checked for psychological problems? Something isn't right if he's sneaking into her house. Why doesn't he just enter through the front door like he normally does? Really, what if her dad comes in and catches them?

"James, you are crazy!" She whispers as he starts crawling up the ladder. Next thing she does, he's right in front of her. As much as she wants to refuse, she steps aside and lets him crawl through the window. He's wearing a new tux and Jenna thought that he wouldn't want to climb through a window while wearing a new tuxedo. What is wrong with this boy?

"But you love me." James grins, handing a bouquet of white roses to her.

"You're right." Jenna says, kissing him.

"Let's go!" James says, but Jenna grabs his hand before he can get anywhere near her bedroom door.

"My parents will freak out!" Jenna whispers. "Go to the front door like a gentleman."

"Can I kiss you first?"

"Fine." Jenna says, pressing her lips to his.

"Oh, you can do better than that." Jenna says, deepening the kiss. Jenna melts into the kiss at first, but once she comes back down to earth, she gently pushes him away and points to the window. James rolls his eyes and kisses her hand before climbing back out the window, giving her a flirtatious grin and going back down the ladder. She smiles dreamily and happily walks back to her dresser, admiring her appearance. Maybe this prom will be way better than her own. Besides, it's gonna be full of teen celebrities.

"Hi, Mr. and Mrs. Harper." James says from downstairs.

"Jenna, your date is here." Chris smirks. "By the way, I know he was in here."

"What gives you that idea?" Jenna laughs nervously.

"I was taking out the trash and I saw him climbing through your window." Chris tells her. Jenna groans and grabs her silver clutch off the dresser, then follows her sister out of the room. They walk down the stairs and Jenna sees James in the living room with her parents. She kisses his cheek and gives him a hug, smiling as her mom snaps pictures of them.