Chapter 42: A Day Of Planning The Big Time Wedding

"Jay, should the colors be lilac and blue or pink and white?" Jenna asks. She and James printed out a six month wedding checklist, which will help them stay on schedule with the wedding plans. So far, they have set a date (June 14), chosen Kelly as their wedding planner, chosen the wedding parties (Maid of honor, best man, bridesmaids, groomsmen, flower girl, and ring bearer) and they've started putting together the guest list. Right now, she's got two different sets of colors that she is considering for her color scheme.

"Um, what's lilac?" James asks her.

"It's like a pinkish purple color." Jenna says as she looks it up on her lap top. "It's really pretty."

James looks over her shoulder and looks at the color.

"And what kind of blue are you thinking about?" He asks, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"Baby blue." Jenna says, clicking out of the internet. She sits her lap top down and turns to look at her fiance. The past month has been so much fun and she knows that it's only gonna get better. Kelly is already trying to get in touch with Vera Wang, so they can start talking about Jenna's dress. Jenna has already decided that she wants it to be strapless with a ruffled sillouette. She wants to look really pretty on her wedding day. McKenna looked beautiful on her big day and Jenna hopes that she can look just as good.

"I like the lilac and blue." James says, kissing her cheek.

"Lilac and blue." Jenna says as she writes the colors in her wedding book. Her mom got it for her as an engagement gift. She's really grateful for it, too. It has also been a big help in keeping everything organized.

"Hey, let me see the list of the wedding party." James says, carefully taking the wedding book from her.

Maid Of Honor:Chris

Best Man:Kendall

Bridesmaids: Lacey, Camille, Jo (Maybe), Stephanie (Maybe), Lucy, Katie, and Gabriella

Groomsmen: Carlos, Logan, Guitar Dude, Dak, Shane, Brian, and Gustavo

Flower girl: Kayla (Cousin of the bride)

Ring Bearer: Brandon (Cousin of the bride)

"Our wedding party is huge." James smiles, shaking his head.

"Hey, we wanna have a good sized wedding." Jenna tells him, watching as he closes the wedding book.

"Hey, are you gonna ask Jo and Stephanie if they can be in the wedding?"

"I left them both messages and told them to call me back." Jenna says, closing her laptop. She reaches for his hand and leads him from her room, smiling dreamily. She can't believe that she's getting married. Every morning for the past month, she has woke up thinking "I'm gonna become James Diamond's wife." Truthfully, it's crazy to think about. A good kind of crazy, though. She and James have talked about marriage before, but she didn't think he was gonna propose so soon. It's even more exciting since they actually have the approval of their families. Brooke even posted an engagement announcement in the local Grand Marais newspaper. They both thought that she wouldn't like the idea of James getting married, but she actually seems proud!

"Jenna, aren't you and Kelly suppose to be meeting with Vera Wang next week to discuss your wedding dress?" Chris asks when the couple enters the living room.

"Yeah." Jenna says as she and James collapse onto the couch.

"You're gonna have someone design your dress?" Will asks her. "You sure you don't wanna buy one? It would make things a lot easier."

"Daddy, Kelly and I like the idea of someone designing my dress because I basically create my own dress." Jenna explains. "If I tried to buy one, I may envision my dress, then find out that no one sells the kind that I'm looking for."