Chapter 44: The Day James Got A Surprising Call

Jo has always loved weddings. They're so romantic and she can't wait until her own. She's really happy for James and Jenna. She knows that they'll have a great marriage, full of love...and children, of course. Truthfully, Jo is a little surprised that they're getting married, though. It's just that James didn't seem like the type that would get married. Then again, everyone has noticed a change in his behavior. He's more mature and he seems serious about being in a real relationship. Surprisingly, he has stayed fully committed to Jenna, and no one else.

Jenna sent her a picture of the bridesmaid dresses. They're absolutely beautiful. They're strapless, lilac colored satin dresses that end just below the knee. It's too bad that Jo is stuck in New Zealand while all the wedding planning is happening in LA. She wishes that she could get more involved, but they're still in the middle of filming the third movie. After that, they're gonna do a lot of promotional stuff. Talk shows, radio, shows, photoshoot, and the worst part is that they're gonna do this in both the US and Europe. She just wants to be home already!

"Yeah, mom, it's fun." Jo lies. Okay, so she is having some fun, but it's not that great either. When her mom calls her, her first instinct is to lie when they woman asks how it's going. In reality, she wishes that she could quit and go home, but she can't. She's so glad that filming will be over in a couple more months. She is ready to get out of this country and go home where she belongs. She's just glad that they're a little ahead of schedule. After they do all that promotional stuff, she's going back to LA where she belongs. In LA, she has more friends than she has ever had in North Carolina, her home state. She has a few, but they aren't close friends. She has lost touch with most of them. As for New Zealand, everyone is really nice, but she misses her real friends. She misses Kendall.

"Dak is very nice." She says, sitting on the red couch in her trailer. "Oh, Kendall? We broke up when I moved out here...Long distance, you know? It would have been too hard for us, so we decided to break up...Mom, I'm fine...Hmm? Oh, we're filming the third film, then we've gotta start promoting...Talks shows, radio shows, magazines, and all that stuff...What? No! Dak and I are not dating...It's just for publicity, but neither one of us ever wanted to do it...I know...Yeah, it's really stupid...Oh, okay...Well, I guess I'll let you go now...Bye, mom...I love you."

Her mom still lives in North Carolina. Her parents divorced when she was seven and they had joint custody of Jo until she turned eighteen. She's twenty one now and her dad still treats her like a little girl sometimes, but he has loosened up a little bit. She's glad that he doesn't spy on her dates like he use to do. It use to drive her crazy.

She walks over to her mirror and grabs the black mascara, applying some to her eyelashes. Some reporter is visiting the set to do a segment on the Chauncey Jackson series and it's stars. They're doing a special on the best films to be released in the coming year and the Chauncey Jackson moves are just three of those films. Truthfully, this is just a pain in the behind for Jo. It seems like nothing is fun for her because she just wants to go back to California. She's actually glad that they'll only be here for a few more months. Then she can move back into the Palm Woods and be with her friends again.

She looks at her appearance for a moment. She only looks a little different since she moved to New Zealand more than two years ago. Her hair is longer, wavy, and she has a more athletic build (Thanks to those training sessions she did). Her Palm Woods friend could still recognize her, though. She still looks like Jo Taylor, just a few small changes.

"Jo, the reporter is here."

Dak is standng in the doorway, waiting for her to follow him. She gives him a half smile and follows him out of the trailer.

"Yeah, I want lilac orchids and blue roses." Jenna says as she and her florist, Madison, walk around the beautiful flower shop. There's just a little less than three months left until the wedding and there's still a lot to do. So far, she has found the bridesmaid dresses, dresses for their moms, invitations, and thank you cards. She's really excited for next month because she and James are gonna get their own apartment. They've already decided that they're gonna stay at the Palm Woods, but they will be moving into their own place.