Chapter 14: The Night Of The Big Prom Disaster

Prom night is an important part of senior year. That's why James is going to make Jenna's prom night really special. He bought a new tux, he's got a corsage that will go perfectly with Jenna's dress (Sky blue halter style,) and he's taking her out to dinner afterwards. Lacey, Marcus, Brian, and his date, Alaina, will be joining them. Throughout the prom, James and Jenna are going to dance, talk, and maybe sneak a few kisses. The teachers are kind of weird about PDA. Jenna says they will reprimand any couple that is seen kissing in the hallways. But nothing will happen as long as they don't get caught.

"Man, do you realize how many psycho fangirls will be after you?" Kendall says as he watches James fix his hair. He's all for James wanting to be Jenna's prom date, but it seems pretty risky if you ask him. James is known as the "face" of BTR and girls are completely in love with him. If he goes out in public with no security, he's gonna get trampled. Kendall isn't trying to be controlling. He's just trying to protect his friend.

"Everyone already knows that I'm coming and I think the principal warned the students to not bother me." James says, putting his lucky comb in the pocket of his blazer. He looks at himself with satisfaction, then walks to the kitchen and grabs Jenna's corsage. Kendall is being paranoid. Usually, Logan's the paranoid one, but Kendall seems convinced that James is going cause a riot by going to this prom. But it's true that the principal warned the students. James has never met Principal Hart personally, but the woman means business and the students know it. Most of them either respect her or are just plain afraid of her.

"They're a bunch of high school students!" Kendall argues. "They don't listen!"

"Goodbye, Kendall." James says, closing the door.

He and Jenna have been even more inseparable since her parents finally approved their relationship. Sometimes James goes over to their house and Jenna helps him with his homework. He's not exactly a perfect student, so he needs all the help he can get. Logan would help him, but the Big Time Brain has homework of his own. Anyway, James is happy that he and Jenna can be more open about their relationship. Mr. Harper doesn't even say anything when they hug, kiss, or say "I love you."

Once he makes it through the lobby and out to the parking garage, he finds the Big Time Rush mobile. He gets into the vehicle and puts the key in the ignition. Once he is out on the street, he turns the radio on. He smiles when the station starts playing "The City Is Ours." Oh, how that song fits this particular night. Him, Jenna, music, and dancing. Maybe he should request this song to the DJ. He made Jenna listen to the entire BTR album with him and she picked "The City Is Ours" as one of her favorites.

"Hello, Hollywood Gardens." He murmurs when he sees the neighborhood. He drives through the entrance and finally finds himself parked in front of Jenna's house. He grabs her corsage and gets out of the car, eagerly walking to the porch. He takes a deep breath and rings the doorbell, hoping that all goes well. If anything goes wrong, he might have to lock himself in his room for the next several weeks.

"Hey, James!" Chris says. "Jenna will be out in a moment."

James follows her into the living room and he anxiously waits for his girlfriend. Finally, he hears footsteps coming down the stairs. He looks toward the staircase and sees Jenna walking down the stairs with her dress, her makeup (Not too much, just some eyeliner, mascara, and light pink lipgloss,) her hairstyle (Curled, left down, ending just below her shoulders.) She looks like a princess. Every girl should look and feel like a princess on their prom night, and Jenna has definitely managed to pull that off.

"Okay, I'm ready!" She smiles.

"Not before your mother and sister get some pictures." Will says, handing his camera to Mandy. James wraps his arm around Jenna's waist, letting Chris and Mrs. Harper take as many pictures as they like. He smiles even more when Jenna kisses his cheek, letting her mom and sister snap a few pictures of her doing so. She squeezes his waist and smiles when James kisses the top of her head.