What happiness tastes like.

Meredith's POV:

"Yes, I will see you Monday sir" Derek says as he hangs up the phone.

I let go of him as he turns around to face me a small smile on his face. My eyes take in every inch of his exposed upper body and I long to run my hands across its muscular surface. His eyes lock with mine as his hands move to rest naturally on my waist.  I lean up on my toes to kiss him softly.

His lips make contact with mine so gently I can hardly feel it. He pulls away to look into my eyes as he pulls my body close to his, smiling as he leans in to kiss me once more. This kiss is simple, it is easy. There is no rush no hurry. Just me and him. Meredith and Derek. He kisses me softly and slowly my body gently pressed against his. The way his bare skin feels against mine sends shockwaves through out my entire body and I don't want this moment to end.

I want to forever be here in this moment. His lips so softly against mine, his strong arms wrapped around me. I cant imagine wanting to be anywhere else. I could stay here for eternity, But unfortunately that is not the case. He pulls his lips from mine as he moves one hand from my waist to softly cup my cheek.

"Meredith.." he begins softly a look of regret in his eyes.

"You don't have to say it...I know what that look means" I smile sadly at him all of my confidence draining out of my body.

I know what he will say, he will say that it would be a mistake, and he is right, but rejection doesn't sting any less. I step away from him causing his hands to drop to his sides and I am suddenly aware of how exposed I am. I am stood here in front of him in just a bra and jeans and I feel so disgusted with myself, so unwanted.

My cheeks and my eyes burn with embarrassment and unshed tears. I can't believe that I was so stupid. He made it very clear that things with us were never going to happen, but I just kept pushing and pushing. I should have known that he didn't want this. That he didn't want me.

"Meredith" he breaks the silence his eyes full of concern.

"It's okay Derek, I understand, I really do. You don't want me, its fine" I say a little angrily as I storm over to wear my shirt lay on the floor, roughly pulling I on.

"Meredith" he tries to get my attention but I just ignore him grabbing my suitcase and phone.

"I am just going to go, this was a bad idea." I say not looking at him as I start heading toward the door.

"Meredith" he sighs as he begins walking towards me.

"Derek it's fine, I said I get it" I say sadly shaking my head as I turn to head out the door.

He reaches out his hand grasping mine as he spins me around his lips crashing hard against mine. I melt at his touch, his hands roughly grasp my hips as he kisses me passionately. One of his hands travels from my waist to tangle in the hair at the nape of my neck. His tongue slides into my mouth and I feel my need for him growing stronger and all my earlier anger disappearing.  His kiss is like a drug, a drug that erasing everything but him. A drug that has me so addicted that I swear I am willing to do anything at this point to get my fix. I feel him moan into my mouth as I press my body tighter against his and can't help but feel slight disappointment when the kiss comes to an end.

"Meredith" he whispers breathlessly as he pulls away resting his for head against mine.

He leans down kissing my softly before going to cup my face, forcing me to look into his tormented eyes.

"You have no idea how much I want you right now, all of you."  he breathes and I feel my stomach tighten with need.

"The more of you I get, the more I want" He breaths as his lips come in contact with mine again.

I feel completely under his spell as his lips travel from mine to my neck gently sucking a biting. I can't help but moan lightly as he sucks on one specific spot. He kisses my lips gently nibbling and sucking on my lower lip before continuing to speak, his voice dangerously low.

"But god damn it Meredith, I can't do more than kiss you right now, because if I do more than kiss you, I won't be able to go back to the way things were. I am your teacher, what we are doing may not be illegal, but if we get caught I will get fired. We already broke practically all of the rules coming here" he sighs running his hands through his gorgeous hair as he finally releases my from his grasp.

"Then why I am here?" I ask honestly curious as to why he would risk it.

"I have gotten used to having you around Meredith, and two weeks seemed like a ridiculous amount of time not to have you around" He smiles at me slightly.

"I would have missed you" I smile reaching instinctively for his hand.

"But now you are here, so you don't have too" he smiles intertwining our fingers.

"Lets go take a walk, get some food. Cool down" I suggest needing to get out of this room.

"Sounds good, but maybe I should but my shirt back on" he jokes causing me to blush.

He grabs his shirt quickly pulling it on before grabbing his wallet and the key for the room. He then grabs my jacket helping me pull my arms through. He tugs the collar adjusting it and using it to pull me into a gentle kiss. Now this, this is what happiness tastes like.

A/N:

I have no dang clue where this story is going, like I want them to finally be together, but I want it do have some drama to it? and some sort of tension and build up, which is hard to do if they are already fooling around and making out all of the time. I plan on updating again later tonight though!