Post-It.

Derek's POV:

I wipe my clammy hands off on my dress pants as I pace nervously around my office. I check my watch; 12:50. Meredith is supposed to meet me here at one, so I take a deep breath trying to calm myself. The small velvet box is burning a hole in my back pocket as I go over my prepared words in my head, and I am so focused that I don't hear her come in.

"Hey" she says quietly as I feel her arms wrap around me from behind.

"Hey" I reply and she releases me so I can turn around to face her.

"I missed you today" she smiles brightly at me leaning up to peck me on the lips.

"I missed you too" I laugh grabbing her hand and pulling her to the couch I have in my office.

"Why did you ask me to meet you here?" she asks as we sit down.

I swallow hard before I begin, but the moment I open my mouth all my prepared words vanish. Instead I decide to just wing it.

"I fell in love with you in this room" I begin watching as her face lights up, "I wasn't supposed to fall for you, but we spent so much time together grading papers and studying that it was unavoidable. It was in this very room that you first confessed that you loved me back."

I pull the box out of my pocket opening it to reveal the ring, "I'm not going to get down on one knee, I'm not going to ask a question. I love you Meredith Grey, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to marry you. I want to have kids with you. I want to settle down and grow old together. I want to die when I'm 110 years old, in your arms. I want a lifetime." I finish reaching up to stroke her face.

"Amelia told you" she states her voice quivering.

"Amelia told me what?" I ask the romantic atmosphere in the room shifting slightly.

"Derek, seriously did Amelia tell you?" she pleads.

"Meredith, Amelia hasn't told me anything, what are you talking about?" I ask my mind racing.

She takes a deep breath before answering, "Derek, I'm pregnant".

My mouth falls open in surprise as my eye flit down to her stomach, almost as if I expect it to be huge and protruding. I look at her still in shock as she bites her lips expectantly.

"We are having a baby" I state the words sounding so right coming out of my mouth.

"We are having a baby," she smiles her eyes tearing up slightly, "I'm sorry I ruined your proposal, do you still love me?"

"Meredith" I shake my head staring loving into her green eyes. I bring her into my arms kissing her cheek lightly, "Yes" I say as we embrace.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you too" she says as we pull out of our embrace.

I take her left hand in mine, pulling the ring out of the box and sliding it onto her finger, smiling when it fits perfectly. I look at her and I can't help but almost explode in happiness, I am getting everything I ever wanted.

Meredith's POV:

Not only am I having a baby, but I am getting married. The Meredith I was before I met Derek made fun of girls like me. But Meredith now doesn't care. I am so beyond happy, I am getting married to the love of my life, and we are starting our family.

"I don't want a big wedding" I inform him seriously.

"Meredith, we could go get married at the courthouse right now and I wouldn't care as long as I am marrying you" he says his voice equally serious.

"Do you want to? Get married right now?" I ask excitement tinging my tone.

"Wait or you being serious?" he raises an eyebrow at me.

"Derek, I am completely serious, I love you, I am yours and that is never going to change, so why wait?" I smile looking him deeply in his blue eyes.

"Okay, we need vows, hand me a piece of paper" he smiles stroking my face.

"All I see are these post-its?" I offer pulling a stack of blue post-its off his desk.

"okay" he says grabbing a pen and smiling at me sweetly, "what do we want to promise each other?"

"That you'll love me, even when you hate me" I offer with a smirk.

"To love each other, even when we hate each other" he repeats scribing on the post-it.

"No running, ever. No body walks out, no matter what happens" he says causing my smile to grow.

"No running" I agree.

"what else?" he asks writing furiously.

"That we will love each other, even when we are old, smelly, and senile" I say with a small laugh.

"This is forever." He smiles leaning in to kiss me.

Our lips touch softly and this kiss is so much more than just a simple kiss, this kiss is a promise. A promise that what we have is going to last, that no matter what life throws at us, we are in this together. Me, him, and our child.

He pulls away looking me in the eyes as he lets out a loud breath, "Let's go" he says with a laugh pulling me up off the couch.

It doesn't take us long to reach the courthouse, and lucky for us it seemed to be a slow day so they were able to fit us in. We don't have to wait for long and someone quickly comes and gets us to tell us that the judge is ready for us. So here we are just me, him, the judge, and a witness. We ask the judge to keep it quick, we just want to belong to each other.

He finally pronounces us husband and wife and Derek pulls me into his arms kissing my passionately. It's official, we now belong solely to each other, and all it took was fifteen minutes with a judge and a post-it.