Other life.

Meredith's POV: New York, Sunday.

I don't want to open my eyes. I must be dreaming. I have to be dreaming because this is just too perfect. What if I open my eyes it all just disappears? I feel his arm wrapped around me his body pressed tightly against mine. I can hear his heaving slow breathing, feel his warm breath on my cheek. I can feel the soft silk wrapped around us and hear the busy New York streets done below.

I keep my eyes tightly shut but can't help but smile as I feel him pull me tighter against his chest. He buries his face into my hair and I hear him let out a long sigh. I can't help but let out a giggle as he places a few feather light kisses on me neck.

"Good morning Mer" he quietly says as I turn to face him.

"Good morning" I smile sleepily before giving him a light peck on the lips.

"Did you sleep okay?" He asks as I scooch closer to him.

"I slept wonderfully, you?" I reply as I rest my head into the crook of his neck.

"That is quiet possibly the best night sleep I have ever had" he admits as he wraps his arms around my squeezing me slightly.

"when do we have to get up?" I inquire as I relax into his warm embrace.

"soon" he sighs and I let a small groan.

"But I like exactly where I am" I pout.

"We don't have to get up quiet yet" he chuckles causing his chest to vibrate.

"Good" I smile pressing my lips against his neck.

We lay there quietly for a while, but the silence is comfortable. I love the way our bodies fit together, like pieces of the same puzzle. I sigh contently as he begins gently rubbing my back in wide circular motions.

"That feels nice" I comment breaking the silence.

"mhm" he sighs quietly.

I sit up slightly to look at him causing him to open his gorgeous blue eyes. His eyes are indescribable, they are so many different shades of blue that gently swirl together like the ocean.

"I am so glad I brought you here" he smiles before gently touching his lips to mine.

Of all the things that I have ever felt kissing Derek Shepherd is far superior. Whether rough and full of lust or slow and sensual he is a professional. I feel him smile into my lips as I reach up to stroke his tousled dark waves. The kiss ends as swiftly as it begins as he pulls away, brushing my hair from my eyes.

"Do you want to order room service?" he smiles at me lazily.

"Can we get pancakes?" I ask excitedly.

"Yes we can get pancakes" he smiles at me before getting up to grab the hotel room phone.

I lay back on the bed and can't help but smile, a girl can get used to this.

Derek's POV:

"Are you kidding?" I ask her going into hysterics as she tells me about her first kiss.

"No I am not! I really did throw up" she laughs clutching her stomach.

Our laughs mix together as I wipe tears from my eyes. We have been sat out on the balcony all morning, sharing stories of our lives and our families. One of her hands is tangled in mine, the other clutching her coffee mug.

I watch as she takes a small sip and can't help but be amazed at how lovely she looks. She is dressed simply, in a pair of blue jeans and a grey sweater. Her blonde hair waves gently, and her face is free of any makeup. She turns her head to look at me blushing slightly as she catches me looking.

"What?" she asks blushing.

"I want to take you somewhere today" I look at her rubbing my thumb gently across the top of her hand.

"Okay, where?" she smiles at me her eyes bright.

"Can't tell you, but we should probably go now" I inform her.

I get up gently pulling her with me. I hope she likes where I am taking her.

Derek's POV:

"No fricken way" she laughs excited pulling her hand from mine to look at me.

"I thought you would like it" I smile at her excitement.

She surprises me by jumping into my arms her legs wrapping around my waist as she peppers my face with kisses. She wraps her arms around my necks a she gives me a long hard kiss on the lips before jumping down.

"I can't believe you are taking me to the zoo" she squeals as she grabs my hand pulling my through the gates and to all of the exhibits.

I find myself watching her more than watching the actual animals, the way she gets so excited as she reads about them and they way she coos over how adorable they are. Right now we are in the aquarium admiring the sharks. I can't help but laugh at her, she is so close to the glass her nose is practically touching it.

"Meredith come on" I smile tugging on her hand.

"Five more minutes, look at how majestic they are" she dazedly says.

"But we wont have time to see the baby tigers" I tempt her.

"Baby tigers?" she looks at me with wide eyes.

"Three of them" I laugh.

"Lets go!" she pulls my hand as we fast walk from the aquarium to the tiger exhibit.

We are just about to get there when a woman runs smack into me.

"Hey watch where you are going" the strangers voice sounds.

Except that is not a strangers voice, that is a voice I would know anywhere. I feel my chest tighten as I lock eyes with the familiar redhead. I look at Meredith, swallowing heavily not sure what to do.

"Derek!" she exclaims excitedly.

"Addie!" I laugh pulling her into a tight hug.

"Addison what are you doing here?" I smile as she pulls back.

"You would know if you bothered to return any one of my phone calls" she jokes smacking me lightly on the shoulder.

She then turns to Meredith and I feel that same tightness in my chest as she introduces herself.

"Hi, I'm Addison Shepherd" she smiles at Meredith as I wince at her use of Shepherd.

"Shepherd?" Meredith asks looking at me confused.

I don't know what to do. It seems as though I have put myself in a very awkward position. I look from both women unsure of where to start. How do you explain to someone that you have a whole other life that you never told them about. How do you tell someone that you have been keeping things from them.