Taking It Slow.

Three weeks later.

Derek's POV:

We have been struggling to put everything back together for the past three weeks and when I say struggling I mean struggling. The first week was a lot of fighting, trying to get all our feelings off our chest, trying to hash out all the things that pissed us off about the current situation we were in. It was painful as hell, but necessary in order to move forward. I practically forced her to tell me everything that happened between her and the man she was seeing while we weren't together. It was painful and awkward for the both of us, but I knew that I needed to know. In order to move on we needed to be completely open with each other.

Week two was filled with awkward dinner date that ended in awkward goodnight kisses when I would drop her off at her apartment. It is weird starting all over again when you know every single thing about someone, and it feels weird dropping her off when so many times before I would have brought her back home with me. This was however the week that my trust in her began to be restored.

Week three was by far the best, all fighting has commenced, all awkwardness has subsided. Those however has been replaced by unbearable sexual tension. Every time she kisses me or every time I reach out to hold her, my mind instantly begins conjuring up dirty scenarios, and by the look she gives me I know she feels the same way. We however refrain from giving in to our wants and needs, taking things unbearably slow knowing that we need some more time.

I am currently in the bedroom folding laundry when I hear a knock at the door. I roll my eyes knowing full well that it is Meredith. "Come in" I shout back hoping that she hears me. By the sound of the door shutting I know that she must have.

"Where are you?" she calls, her voice drifting up the stairs.

"Bedroom" I yell in reply putting away the last pair of pants.

"Hey" she says causing me to look up startled.

"Hey" I smirk back as I look at her drinking in the way that she is casually leaned up against my door frame.

"How was your day?" she asks taking a tentative step into the bedroom.

"Boring, typical of a Saturday, but better now that you are here" I smile grabbing her hand and pulling her further into the room and into my embrace. I don't hesitate in pressing my lips to hers. When I pull away she is looking up at me dazed, "How was your day?"

"I spent, the morning at the gym" she laughs as we both know Meredith Grey is no gym rat, "I know, Cristina wanted to go, now my entire body just hurts"

"I could give you a massage" I suggest my voice low.

"Really? That would be amazing" She smiles at me, but there is a very specific look in her green eyes, one that I know all too well.

She pulls away from my embrace looking at me slyly as she strips off her shirt. I look her up and down hungrily as she turns around her back facing me, she reaches behind her unhooking her bra and letting the straps slide slowly down her shoulders.

I swallow heavily as I watch it fall to the floor, she looks at me over her shoulder biting her lower lip slightly as she gets up onto my bed moving to lay on her stomach, "Okay I'm ready for you".

I shake the dirty thoughts that her words conjure out of my head and get up on the bed with her. I straddle her, one leg on either side of her thighs and tentatively begin rubbing my hands up and down her back.

"You can do it a little harder" she says, and I shake my head at her obvious attempt to be coy.

"Like this?" I ask as I put more pressure on her back with my hands.

"Yes, just like that" she says the voice she uses is breathy and very reminiscent of the way it sounds during other activities.

I continue rubbing and stroking the bare skin of her back, starting low and running my hands up her spine and all the way up to her shoulders. I relish in the feeling of her silky skin underneath my hands, it feels like forever since I have felt it.

She groans as my hands begin working on her upper back, so I know this must be the muscles that are aching. I focus my attention there, varying the amount of pressure that I use as I kneed her upper back. She sighs in relief as one by on the knots of tension are released. Once I have massaged every ounce of tension I begin moving my hands down to her lower back.

Her breath hitches in her throat as I slide my hands tantalizingly slow down her back my fingers trailing lightly down her sides. I grasp her tightly by the hips and begin using my thumbs to rub circles on her lowers back. She moans quietly and I can't help but become turned on.

"mmm, Derek that feels nice" she says her voice raspy in a way that is so sexy.

I find my mind dancing with dirty scenarios and I know I better get myself out of this situation before it gets out of hand. I press one single kiss against her bare shoulder, causing a shiver to run through her before removing myself from the bed.

"I think I got all the knots out, you should be good to go" I say looking at the disappointment on her face. I reach down handing her her bra. She sits up using one hand to cover her breasts and the other to reach for the undergarment.

Fortunately or unfortunately, I can't decide which, her hand doesn't do much to cover her modesty which doesn't too much for my arousal. She smirks up at me, obviously enjoying the affect she has on me. She turns around putting the bra back on before turning around. She pulls her t-shirt on before coming up to wrap her arms around me.

"thank you" she smiles leaning up and pressing a kiss to my jaw, "That is the last time I work out with Cristina"

"Just make sure you stretch before, you will be fine" I smile down at her giving her a quick peck on the lips.

"Are you hungry?" I ask pushing a few strands of hair away from her eyes.

"Yes" she says smiling up at me, "for more than just food though"

"Come on, I will make you dinner" I smile, ignoring her last comment, and grabbing her by the hand and leading her downstairs.

She looks at me a grin plastered on her face, and I know that she is getting tired of taking things slow. What she doesn't realize is that we are both on the same page.

A/N: I usually put a picture or gif with the story, but sometimes it is really hard to find a photo that makes sense, so I figured i would put a song that kind of matches the feel of the chapters instead.