I Have No Idea What To Say.

8 weeks along.

Derek's POV:

We have spent the last two weeks in our own secluded bubble. That is except for Amelia of course, she stayed for a couple of days before returning home. We made her promise not to tell anyone anything, we wanted to do it once the time was right. Since then is has just been the two of us; well the three of us if you want to get technical.

"I don't want to tell Cristina" Meredith groans walking into the living room and flopping down beside me on the couch.

"You know you can wait if you want to, we can keep it to ourselves" I offer as she lays her head in my lap.

"I know but the longer we wait the bigger my stomach gets and I want her to hear it from me" she sighs her hands moving to rest naturally on her stomach.

"It is up to you babe, but little peanut is still so small it wouldn't be that hard to keep the secret longer" I smile stroking her face lovingly.

"You know baby is only the size of a kidney bean but when I lay down you can kind of see it" she chuckles lifting her shirt up to expose her tiny baby belly.

"I think it's because you are so itty bitty" I remark moving my hand down to stroke her slowly growing abdomen.

"I won't be for long, I am going to have a stomach the size of a watermelon come December" she laughs looking up at me her green eyes shining.

"And I am still going to love every inch of you" I say causing her smile to widen.

"I'm so lucky that you are my husband" she sweetly says leaning up to kiss me.

I lean down meeting her halfway, enjoying the feeling of her lips on mine. A gurgling noise causes the kiss to break and I have to hold back my laughter as her eyes flit to her stomach embarrassingly.

"Do you want me to make you something?" I ask prompting her to raise her head from my lap.

"Yes please, the baby want's chocolate chip pancakes" she says seriously looking up at me with green eyes.

"Oh yeah? It told you that?" I chuckle standing up and reaching for her hand pulling her to the kitchen with me.

"I have been craving chocolate pancakes all day" she complains sitting down at the counter.

"Well give me ten minutes and you will get your pancakes" I smirk kissing her lightly before going to work on making her food.

"Man, I am so lucky to be your wife" she says looking at me dreamily.

"I am definitely the lucky one" I laugh as I begin mixing, "Hey I know you were thinking of holding off on telling Cristina but are you okay if I tell my mom?"

"I actually think I am going to tell Cristina, rip the band-aid you know. So yes, go ahead, I would hate for Amy to let something slip" she rolls her eyes at the thought of my bigmouthed sister.

"My mom would be so mad, she is already going to be mad that we got married without her" I say concern etched in my voice.

"We can re-do our vows once the baby gets here, so our family and friends can be there" she offers smiling as I set the first pancake in front of her.

"That would be perfect, mom would love that" I smile watching as Meredith licks her lips digging into her pancake.

I dish myself up one and move to sit next to her, we it in silence and I wonder if she is thinking about how she is going to tell Cristina, god only knows I have no idea what to say to my mother.