Blinding Pain.

So, I realized that my timeframe was inaccurate so we are just going to pretend like it is the middle of June. Also In the beginning I made it so Meredith was a Jr in college, but I am going to change it so she is Graduating with her Bachelors this year.

23 weeks.

Meredith's POV:

I blink my heavy eyelids as I wake up from my deep sleep. The absence of Derek's arms around me is both surprising and saddening. It does not happen often, but I hate when I wake up and I am not in his arms. I hate that it means I have to wait longer to see his gorgeous face and kiss him good morning.

I stretch out like a cat, groaning at how wonderful it feels before getting out of bed. I shuffle down the stairs still yawning to find him in the kitchen making some eggs. He smiles at me as I pull out one of the bar stools and take a seat.

"Good morning beautiful" he greats me leaning over the counter and giving me a kiss.

"Good morning" I reply opening my eyes and smiling at him, "what time is it?" I ask noting the fact that it is still slightly dark outside.

"Little after 6, I'm surprised you are up this early" he laughs as he gives the eggs a quick once over before putting them on a plate and setting them in front of me.

His comment makes me realize that he wasn't even expecting me to be awake. That means that this wasn't even supposed to be my breakfast. While the sweet gesture makes my heart swell I feel bad for stealing his breakfast.

"Derek, you don't have to give me your breakfast, I can make myself something" I sigh pushing the plate towards him and moving to get up.

"Nonsense, sit down" He says moving around the counter and placing the eggs back in front of me.

"I got to keep my girls happy and fed" he smiles pressing a kiss to my cheek before going back to the stove to make himself some more breakfast.

"I like hearing you say that" I tell him trying and failing to keep the huge grin off of my face.

"Hearing me say what?" he inquires as he cracks an egg into the pan.

"You called us your girls, plural. It makes me really happy" I say before digging in to my meal.

"You and Laela are my girls." He says flashing me a smile before dishing up his breakfast.

His words make my heart so happy. I never imagined myself at this place. Never imagined I would be sitting at the kitchen counter with my loving husband, eating breakfast and talking about our unborn child. I always thought I was meant to be a great doctor and nothing else, I didn't know that there was more to be had in life. Now I am beginning to think I could have it all. I could be a wonderful doctor, devoted wife, and caring mother. Watching my mother made me feel like it was only possible to do one thing at a time. Sitting here right now with Derek seeing the love he has for me and feeling our daughter move around in my stomach makes me feel like I can do anything. I can be the woman that she wasn't

We eat our breakfast and get ready for today, and as much as I love school I am ready to get out of there. Pregnancy is exhausting and we haven't even gotten to the extremely hard part yet. Here is the best part about having a Professor for a husband. He gets summers off, that is three months where we can be together all the time. I used to feel the need to spend time alone, like I needed to get away from people in order to properly breathe. With Derek, it is the exact opposite, it is harder to breathe when he isn't around.

We drive to the college together chit chatting animatedly about how glad we are that it is finally the last day. We talk about my med school application and he gives me the 411 on which instructors give the best letters of recommendations. I can't help but keep my eyes trained on him throughout the entire car ride. Derek is so undeniably attractive.