"We Are Just Friends"

November 12, 1989

5:45 AM

[Alarm Rings]

Jesika released a groan, and slammed her hand against the clock, that sat near her bed. She sighed and rolled over on her back, and threw the covers down from her legs. She suddenly opened her eyes, and glanced up at the ceiling. She did a light jump, as she heard a man coughing a little in his sleep. She moved her head to the side, and glanced over at her husband Anthony who was sound asleep with his back facing her. She sighed again, and got out of bed. She walked towards the bathroom and scratched the back of her head. She released a yawn, and flicked the bathroom light on. She glanced at her reflection, and yawned once more. She rubbed her eyes, and released another sigh, still scratching her hair. She washed her face, and brushed her teeth.

She got undressed and got into the shower, and allowed the water to flow freely against her skin. She damped the sponge with soap, and rubbed it all over her body softly. After, she was done in the shower. She wrapped a towel around her body, and went into the bedroom. Anthony, was still sound asleep. She went into her closet, and picked out something to wear. It didn't take her long to choose. She pulled out a white blouse, with blue jeans. She went back to the bathroom, she placed moisturizer against her fingertip, and ran her fingers thoroughly through her short curls.. She then applied makeup over her eyelids, to bring the sparkle out of her green eyes. She then slipped on her bra and panties, along with her clothing. She examined her face and hair throughout the mirror and placed silver studs into her ears.

She leaned towards the mirror, and put pink lip gloss on her lips. She rubbed her lips together, and grabbed her perfume bottle and sprayed it against her neck. She then rubbed lotion against her hands, and rubbed it on her arms and hands. She fixed her shirt, and glanced at her butt through the mirror, and grinned. "You look beautiful..." Jesika jumped, and looked back. It was Anthony, he grinned and walked towards her and gave her lips a kiss. "Gosh, y-you scared me." He then lowered his eyebrows, and looked at her. "Do, you have to go looking like that?" She lowered her eyebrows, and looked down examining her clothing.. "What, you don't like it?" He licked his lips, and shook his head. "It's not that I don't like it. You just look too sexy.. Too sexy to be seeing him..."

She scoffed and rolled her eyes, and turned around to the mirror. She began to do a few touches on her makeup. "You're overreacting Anthony..." - "Ohh am I? Look at your shirt, your breasts are all out.." - "They are not... my shirt is just fine..." - "Yeah, too fine for him...."Anthony smart mouthed, as he walked over to the toilet to use it. Jesika ignored, and grinned to herself in the mirror. He is so jealous, she thought. Not, only does her husband not like the idea of her best friend living with them, until he gets on his feet. But, he can't stand him either. They all were colleagues before, and her ex-lover which is now her best friend, always had a thing for her. They dated before she met Anthony, and Anthony could never stand the fact that he was still a major part in her life.

Anthony felt as if, he still had a thing for Jesika, and feels as if he always will. Jesika thinks Anthony overreacts alot, and tells him all the time he has nothing to worry about. She tries to convince him, that he has moved on because he has gotten married and has a new life now. It all came down, when he phoned her last night and told her he had broken up with his wife for good, and asked to stay with her, for a while. He quit his job, and even changed his number from family. No one, has heard from him since. Only, person he reached out to was Jesika. He trusts her with his soul... He adores her... He cherishes her... He admires her too... After Jesika, finished doing a few touches against her cheeks she washed her hands and dried them.

"Does, he really have to stay here Jesika? Can't he go somewhere else?" Anthony whined in the background. She scoffed and shook her head. "Come on Anthony, we talked about this already. I thought we came to an agreement. He has no one else. I am all he has..." She explained, as she
walked out of the bathroom. Anthony sighed. He followed behind her. She put on her trenchcoat, and buttoned it up and tied the string across her belly afterwards. She sighed, and shook her head. "Don't you trust me Anthony? Don't you?" She asked. Anthony walked towards her, and ran his thumbs across her cheeks and stared through her eyes intensely. "It's not that I don't trust you baby, it's him I don't trust." - "Anthony, you have to let go of the past. You are the man that I married, and not him. Doesn't that count for anything.." Anthony smiled, and kissed her lips. "Of course it does.."