Prologue

[edited]

third person

"Kids, get ready for movie night." Miss Peregrine said, getting up from the table.

"Um, I don't think we should have movie night tonight." Horace chuckles nervously.

"Nonsense. Now you may all be excused." Miss Peregrine smiled.

The kids and Miss P all made their way to the screening room. Emma, Jake, and Millard sat on the right couch, Enoch, Claire and Bronwyn on the left couch, and the twins, Hugh, and Fiona on the floor. Lastly, Horace hesitantly sat in his chair.

Miss Peregrine turned off the lights, but Horace didn't put his projected in.

"Miss Peregrine, I really think I shoul—" Horace got cut off.

"Not another word Mr. Somnusson." Miss P said. Horace sighed and placed the projector in his eye.

This is an excellently tailored suit. I'll take two. Horace modeled a black suit and top hat in front of a mirror.

"See, there's nothing wrong." Miss Peregrine said quietly.

The next scene was at the cliff by the ocean. It was raining and the waves were crashing high up.

All the kids gasped.

On the cliff was a boy standing, facing the waves. Then there was a close up of his face. Enoch.

Everyone looked at Enoch, then back at the screen.

Enoch? An unfamiliar voice called out. He turned around. About 10 feet away was a girl. She looked about 17, with brown wavy hair that flew in the wind. She had pale skin and beautiful green eyes.

At the sight of her, Enoch ran out of the room and outside. Miss Peregrine quickly turned on the light.

"Olive, please go fetch Enoch." Miss Peregrine ordered. Olive nodded and ran out the door.

"What was that all about?" Jake whispered to Emma. Emma shifted uncomfortably in her seat.

"That was Juliet." Emma said. At the name, everyone still in the room went silent and looked at Emma.

"Who was she? What happened? Why did Enoch—" Jake got cut off.

"Now is a good of a time as any." Miss Peregrine sighed.

"Juliette was one of the very few of us that was here when this loop was first created." Emma said.

"She was a very unique peculiar. It was almost as if she had two peculiarities." Miss P added.

"After a few decades she wanted to leave." Emma said sadly.

"What? Why?"

"We don't know. One day she just... left." Millard said.

"What does that do to affect Enoch?" Jake asked.

"Well, one thing we knew for sure was that Juliet had feelings for Enoch, and vice versa." Emma replied.

"Wait. Doesn't Horace only see the future?"

***
Hiii
I hope you like this book!!
Please vote if you enjoyed!
<3Cali
***