Bonus Chapter ~ School AU (2)

Juliet's POV

I mushed my mashed potatoes around on my plate while I listened to Emma, Jake, andOlive converse.

"So I was thinking we can paint fire on our project." Olive suggested to Emma.

"What about air?" Emma added.

"We can't paint air, silly." Olive giggled at Emma's suggestion.

"You know, Horace seems a little young to be in high school, but he's really smart. Juliet? Hello?" Jake was talking to me about his partner, and I was still waiting for Dante.

"That's nice." I muttered, patting my mashed potatoes with my fork.

"Jules! Missed me?" I looked to my left and saw Dante walking towards us. He plopped his tray next to me and sat down.

"Not at all." I rolled my eyes.

"Aw, love you too." He said sarcastically.

"Dante, this is Jake and Emma." Olive I trospduced when she realized Dante joined us.

"Nice to meet you. How was art class?" He asked.

"Great."

"Terrible." I huffed at the same time everyone said it wa great.

"What happen, Lee?  Dante poked my cheek and pouted.

"She was partnered with Enoch." Emma wriggled her eyebrows.

I saw Dante's face scrunch up. "Who?"

"This mysterious dude in class. I heard he got held back in Sophmore year." Jake informed us.

"What's so bad about that?" Dante asked.

"We were supposed to get to know our partners; that guy is downright depressing!" I threw my hands in the air in exaggeration.

"That bad?" Olive game me a pity look.

"His hobbies include looking out his bedroom window, studying animal hearts, and playing with  Voodoo dolls."

"Sounds pretty normal." Dante shrugged, taking a large bite of his hamburger.

"What's your definition of 'normal'?" Jake questioned.

"I don't have one. Everyone is peculiar." Dante laughed.

"I'm supposed to meet him in the parking lot so we can go to his place for the project." I explained.

"Good luck, Juliet." Emma said. I could hear a hint of teasing in her voice.

"Where are you going for the project?" I asked everyone.

"I'm going to Emma's." Olive said excitedly.

"Horace invited me to his place." Jake said.

"I got this cute girl's number." Dante smirked.

"So you're that kind of person?" Emma questioned.

I could already see a flaw in a perfect year. I could see the challenge look on Dante's face, but then he just chuckled, releasing all tension he had. Emma rolled her eyes and shifted in her seat.

-

The rest of the day went by fast. I had my second period with Dante and Jake in history class.

I dreaded the moment the end-of-the-day bell rang, because that meant I would have to meet with Enoch.

Honestly, he seemed like a nice kid— he really did. Enoch just seemed like the introvert. Maybe a little positivity would help.

He need to be so out of the box, he doesn't know where the box is.

Who am I kidding? It's Enoch.

"See you guys tomorrow." Jake bid. I waited outside the school as I saw Emma and Olive walk one way out the gates, and Jake and a blonde boy, who I bet was Horace, walk the other way.

I looked at my phone for the time. 3:12.

Ugh, this Enoch guy sure is bad at first impressions.

I slid down the wall so I was sitting on the floor, my back against the wall, and started to doze off.

"Ready?" I nearly had a heart attack. I let out a Yelp and jumped from my spot.

I looked and saw the familiar dark-eyed boy, standing there, one of his backpack straps on his shoulder.

"Jeez. You really have a knack for scaring people. Don't you." I joked, putting on my backpack.

"You could say that." He shrugged.

"So where do you live?" I asked, fully recovering from the jump scare.

"Right across the street." He pointed. I looked across the street. Through the school gated sat a one-story, beige house, covered by the shade of a large oak tree.

"How convenient." I commented.

The short walk to his house was quite silent. When we reached the large, cedar door, Enoch fished his keys out of his back pocket.

He opened the door to reveal a simple yet quaint looking living room. Plain white walls with a few paintings of scenery, like a painting of a Peregrine.

"That painting is beautiful." I commented. I walked over to it, taking my backpack off and holding it by the strap.

"Thanks. My mom painted it." I looked at him, and saw him smile smelly at a memory, I suppose.

Maybe he isn't as bad as people say he is...

St    OTINwRT8H40IBWLIQPFFwee4nwop
Ok, Cali, breathe...
THank you so much to everyone for wishing good luck on high school
You guys r the best in the world!!!!!

You guys r like my good luck charms bc...

I MADE IT TO MY TOP TWO HIGH SCHOOLS!!#@Q(U$!)%&$o
Omg, I can't thank u guys enough. Some have been here since I told you about all my exams and interviews...
I luv u guys soooooooo much <3 :3 :D

-Cali xox