16

[edited]

Juliet's POV

The next day I decided to explore the house. It came to my attention that I haven't seen all of the house.

I walked down a random hallway and into a room. It turned out to be a library. I looked through the shelves and different books.

"Why are there so many books if no one around here reads?" I asked myself.

I decided to pick out a few books and sat down to read. I started with Romeo and Juliet. How cliché.

After what seemed like forever, someone opened the door.

"What are you doing?" It was Jake and Enoch.

"Reading," I replied, returning to my book.

"But you finished your chores. Have some fun." Jake said.

"I am. I'm reading. For fun." I said. "You should try it sometime."

"What, reading?"

"No. Having fun," I said simply, making Enoch snicker.

"Whatever. Miss Peregrine told us to look for you." Jake rolled his eyes.

"Oh, we have good news for you," Enoch said.

"What is it?" I asked, putting the books back.

"Miss Avocet is looking for a location for her new loop." He said.

"Yes!" I cheered. I probably shouldn't have done that, because it echoed through the library. "Wait. What about Kaitlyn and Travis?" I said to myself.

"You'll have time. They're still looking." Jake assured.

"Ah, Juliet. There you are." Miss Peregrine stepped in.

"I'm afraid I have something I need you to do." She sighed.

"Is that a bad thing?" I asked.

"I need you to work in the gardens with Emma and... Dante. Now I know you and Mr. Boselli don't get along, but I'm out helping Miss Avocet with her loop, and I'm having Enoch, Jake, and Olive make sure the children don't get into trouble." Miss Peregrine said.

"Okay." I sighed.

I walked out to the garden where I saw Emma and Dante. I picked up some pruners and started trimming a flower bush.

"A beautiful flower for a beautiful girl." That sick voice said from behind me.

"I wouldn't exactly call you beautiful." I rolled my eyes and continued trimming.

Why is she so stubborn.

"I'm not being stubborn," I said.

"How did— oh yeah."

"Now. Can you leave me alone?" I glared at him.

"Why can't I just help a pretty girl?" He smirked. I took the flower from his hand and blew some pollen into his eyes.

"Ah!" He violently rubbed his bright blue eyes.

"Keep rubbing your eyes like that, you'll start seeing unnatural *phosphenes.

"I'm not even gonna ask." He sighed and walked back o the greenhouse. I smirked.

"As much as I enjoyed watching that, we need to finish before supper." Emma laughed.

-

We finished trimming the plants and watering them. Miss Peregrine thought the kids could use a break from chores, so the older kids were stuck doing it for them.

"Juliet!" I heard a small voice squeal.

"Kaitlyn!" I smiled and hugged her.

"I made this for you." She put a flower crown of daisies on my head.

"It's beautiful. Thank you." I smiled.

"Your welcome. Travis and Fiona helped too." She smiled and skipped away.

"Well don't you look ridiculous." A voice said.

"Don't be mean Enoch." I joked.

"It's the truth."

"If you're going to be two-faced, at least make one of them look decent." I put my hands on my hips.

"Fair enough. Olive told me to tell you she doesn't need help with supper tonight." He informed.

"Thanks." I smiled. I don't know if it was the fact it was dark inside, but I thought I saw Enoch blush.

Phosphene: phos·phene

ˈfäsfēn/

noun
plural noun: phosphenes

a ring or spot of light produced by pressure on the eyeball or direct stimulation of the visual system other than by light.

***
Sorry for a boring chapter
Hey! Three updates today😂
Pls vote if u enjoyed!
-Cali
***