03

[edited]

Juliet's POV

Today is the day I meet the rest of the kids. I was only here when it was me, Emma, Enoch, Bronwyn, Victor, and Millard.

I woke up around 4:40. I tried going back to bed, but I couldn't. All on my mind right now was the look on Enoch's face when he saw me. I decided to go out to the garden and take a walk.

It was pretty warm outside, so I quickly changed into a plain tee shirt, a zip-up jacket, and sweatpants. Before I got here, I came from Miss Avocet's loop in 2016.

I silently slipped downstairs and out the back door. I took a deep breath in the September air. The sun was just coming up, yet it was still a bit dark.

I turned the corner of the building to go back inside, when I ran into something and fell back. I shook my head and looked up.

"E—Enoch?" My eyes widened. He looked down, squinted, and when he saw me his jaw clenched and he walked away. "Enoch, wait!" I got up and chased after him. I put a hand on his shoulder from behind in attempts of stopping him from walking.

He moved his shoulder and continued walking. I followed him back into the house, and to his room, while I kept calling his name quietly. When he got to his room, he walked in and shut the door in my face.

I sighed angrily and made my way back to Emma and my room. I huffed in annoyment and sat on my bed.

"Enoch again?" I heard Emma asked.

"Yeah." I sighed.

"Well, you're going to have to face him later today. I don't think Miss Peregrine would let him hide in his room forever." Emma said.

"I guess," I replied.

"We should start getting ready," Emma said. I looked at the clock and saw it was 5:30. I didn't realize I was out for so long. I threw on a dark green, short sleeve dress that stops right before my knees. I also left my hair down. All of a sudden there was a knock at the door.

"Come in," Emma said. Miss Peregrine opened the door.

"Are you ready?" Miss P asked. I took a deep breath in and nodded.

"The children are waiting downstairs," Miss Peregrine informed me. I followed her and Emma downstairs and to the parlor.

I stayed outside the parlor when Miss Peregrine and Emma walked in.

"Kids, we'd like you to meet the new peculiar," I heard Miss Peregrine. I slowly walked into the parlor.

"Juliet?!" I heard Millard and Bronwyn. When I saw Bronwyn and Millard (Millard's floating clothes and hat), I couldn't help but smile. Bronwyn and Millard ran up to me and attacked me with hugs.

"I missed you guys so much," I smiled.

"Kids, this is Juliet," Miss Peregrine smiled.

"It's nice to meet you all," I smiled at them. I could tell Enoch wasn't enjoy any second of this. Honestly, neither was I.

"Hello, I'm Horace," A boy with a nice suit shook my hand.

"Can you guys tell me your names and peculiarities?" I asked and they nodded.

"I can project my dreams and tell the future. But if you count excellent style, then that too," He smiled, making me laugh. From the corner of my eye, I saw Enoch roll his eyes.

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Olive, whatever I touch I can set on fire," A girl with bright red hair said.

"These are the twins," She introduced two children wearing white suits and masks. I smiled at them.

"I'm Hugh," a boy with a striped shirt said. "I uh, have bees living inside me," He chuckled.

"That's awesome! I think bees are so cool." I said honestly.

"Hi! I'm Fiona! I can do this." The girl with braided pigtails took out a seed from her pocket, put it in her palm, and used her right hand to make it grow. It grew into a beautiful little daisy. She handed me the flower.

"Thank you. It's beautiful." I smiled.

Enoch's POV

I watched from the couch as the others introduced themselves to Juliet. How could she be so happy? She left us!

"Thank you. It's beautiful." She smiled as Fiona handed her a flower. I bet Juliet is just putting up an innocent act. She can't really be this cheerful.

If it had been centuries ago, I would've been the one saying Juliet was beautiful. I guess things change.

"Hello, I'm Claire." Claire smiled as she gave Juliet a hug.

"Well aren't you the cutest thing ever." Juliet smiled at her. Claire then whispered something to Juliet. Juliet turned at me then back. Then she started giggling. I furrowed my eyebrows.

Juliet's POV

"Well aren't you the cutest thing ever." I smiled at Claire. Then she gestured for me to come closer and whispered something in my ear.

"I think Enoch likes you." She giggled. I looked at Enoch who was just staring. I then started giggling at how awkward he was.

"H—hey. I'm Jake." A guy around my age with black hair greeted. He also looked like he was from 2016. "I can see hollowgasts." He added.

"Really?!" I asked in amazement.

"Hey, where's Victor?" I asked. Everyone was silent.

"He's dead," Enoch said, emotionless. I felt my heart stop.

"W—what?" I choked. Victor was like my best friend. Like a brother to me.

"We're very sorry." Miss Peregrine said. I felt like bursting into tears, but I didn't want to cause a commotion.

"I— 'm going to be in my room." I then walked out of the parlor and to Emma and my room.

***
Awwww
Pls vote and comment❤️
-Cali
***