27

Emma's POV

I yelped and jumped backward as the corpse sat up.

"What now?" Jake asked Enoch.

"How am I supposed to know, you're the one that told me to bring the damn thing alive." Enoch argued back.

"Tell it to do something." I said.

"Um, move your head?" Enoch commanded. The corpse obeyed and turned his neck and looked at me.

I took the time to observe him. He didn't look very old at all. Almost our age. Besides being in a loop for more than a century.

He had pale skin and bloodshot eyes. He also had a face paint sort of skeleton look along his jaw.

"I'll be right back..." I said and turned to walk out of the room. I looked outside on the wall and saw a plaque.

Hamilton Johnson

September 6, 1997 - October 31, 2014

Cause of Death: unknown

I walked back into the mausoleum to see Enoch making Hamilton climb out of the coffin.

"His name is Hamilton." I said and Jake, Enoch, and Hamilton looked at me.

"Good to know he has a name." Enoch said sarcastically.

"He died on All Hallows' Eve. Only two years ago." I added.

"So he isn't that old." Jake said.

"Exactly."

"How does this help at all?" Enoch asked.

"I means, he isn't that weak and still has some stamina." Jake explained.

"Can he talk?" I asked.

"Uh, Hamlet, or whatever, say something." Enoch said. Hamilton crossed his arms.

"Something. There, happy?" He said in a sarcastic tone.

"Looks like someone's a little moody." I smirked.

"What would you expect after being dead for like, three years." He said, moving his arm a little to release pressure in his joints.

"Anyway, can you help us?" I asked him.

"Um su— wait. Who are you guys? And how did I come back to life..." he asked, creeped out.

"My name is Jake, this is Emma, and Enoch. He was the one that brought you back.

"Okay then, I'm not going to question it. But thanks, dude." He said to Enoch.

"We better hurry. The others are in trouble." I remembered. The four of us ran back to the townhouse and to the back door.

"We have to save the people in there." Jake whispered and Hamilton looked through the window.

"Wait— that's Mr. Barren!" His eyes widened.

"How do you know Barren?" I asked. "

"Well, I'm something called a pec—" Enoch cut him off.

"You're a peculiar?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah. Are you guys?" He asked and we nodded.

"What's your peculiarity?" I asked.

"Molecularkenisis. I can move things with my mind." He replied.

"Well Enoch brought you back to life with his peculiarity. " Jake said. All of a sudden we heard Barren shout.

"You think you can just run away from your oath? I don't think so. You're lucky that the hollows haven't killed you yet." He yelled at Dante.

"We have to do something." I said.

"No. Not yet. I know very well if you're unarmed, he and his hollowgasts will kill you instantly." Hamilton said.

"How do you know?" Jake asked.

"That's how I died." Hamilton said quietly.

"At least you're hear now. What should we do?" I asked.

"I have an idea, but it will be pretty hard, because I can't see the hollows." Hamilton said.

"Jake can!" I pointed out.

"Perfect. I knew the people who lived here before. They have a can of gasoline in the kitchen. I'm going to to move the can over them and Barren. Just tell me if it's in the right spot." He said and Jake nodded.

"Then what?" Enoch asked.

"I can help." I heard a voice behind us. We all turned around quickly.

***
Teehee
Another cliffhanger🤗
I hope u liked this💕
-Cali
***