37

Juliet's POV

I quickly ran, following the sound of the yelling.

"Juliet!"

"Help!"

I followed the sound until it stopped. I stopped to take a breath. I took a few more minutes to walk around until I reached a hut. It was small, made of scrap wood and smoke coming out of a makeshift chimney.

I snuck to a window and looked in.

I saw Hugh and Fiona sitting in chairs. I was about to call them when a cloaked figure walked up to them.

"I'm so glad I picked you up in the woods." A raspy voice said. I adjusted my grip on baby Enoch, and walked around the house to the door.

I slowly turned the doorknob. I sighed in repeat when I saw it was unlocked.

I ran into the house and the cloaked figure turned to me.

"Let them go."

"Are they your children?" The raspy voice asked.

"Wha— no! They— they're my friends. How old do you think I am?" I asked.

"Well you are holding a baby." A pale, bony hand gestures to baby Enoch.

"He's not mine." I rolled my eyes. "I'm not that old. Anyway, give me back me friends."

"Why should I?"

"Please. They are leading me to the witch's hut outside the village. I need her to help me turn my friend back to his original age." I said, gesturing to the baby.

"Why didn't you just say so?" The figure took off her hood and revealed an old lady with greying hair and slight wrinkles on her face.

"Maurice?" Hugh looked at her.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" She looked sat Hugh and Fiona.

"It's Hugh and Fiona." Fiona said.

"Blimey! You two look so different!" She said shocked.

"I'm very sorry. I'll help you with your friend." She apologized.

"Thank you so much."

***
Sort of boring.
Pls vote if u enjoyed👏
-Cali
***