Bonus Chapter ~ Enoch x Reader

Helpfully suggested by: chill_cause_im_here
Y/N's POV

"Y/N, can you come with me please?" I looked at my best friend, Olive, for a second, before I nodded and stood up from the couch.

I followed her behind the house, past where the kids were all playing.

"What is it, Liv?" I asked, concerned. Olive has been acting a little strange for a while now.

"I need to tell you something. It's a secret. Can you promise not to tell?" She looked at me with pleading eyes.

"Of course. I'm your best friend." I gave her an assuring smile.

"Okay... for a couple years, I've sort of..."

"Sort of what?" I urged.

"I like Enoch." She said slowly.

"Oh! That's good. I'd hope my friends like eachoth—" She cut me off.

"I mean, I like Enoch."

It took me a few seconds to process. "Oh! Aw, that's so cute! You two would be adorable together!" I squealed. Her eyes widened and she slapped a hand on my mouth.

"Y/N, do not say a word." Olive warned, releasing her hand.

"I totally think you should tell him." I smiled to her.

"Really?" I nodded.

"I think he's in the kitchen." I patterned her back, and nodded my head towards the house.

"Thanks, Y/N, you are the bestest friend ever." Olive hugged me and ran towards the house.

I smiled to myself, knowing I boosted Olive's self confidence.

"Y/N?" I yelped in surprise and turned around. I saw Enoch jogging up from out of the house.

"Hey, Enoch." I greeted.

"Uh, hey..." he greeted awkwardly.

"Oh, Olive was just looking for yo—" once again, I was rudely cut off.

"I actually needed to talk to you." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Sure. What'd ya need?" I piped up.

"I... um. I've been wanting to say this for a while..." Enoch looked at his hands, a few curls falling in front of his face.

"Y/N!" Before I got a chance to ask him what was wrong, I heard a too family voice.

"Jake?" Behind me stood Jake, back from a trip with Juliet and Dante to America.

I ran up to Jake and engulfed him in a hug. I felt myself being lifted off the ground and being spun around.

When I was set down, I saw Enoch was gone.

Enoch's POV

Once again, another obstacle.

I've been wanting to tell Y/N how I've felt about her for a while now.

Last week, Bronwyn and Claire pulled we away to ply fools. Three days ago, Y/N was busy with Fiona in the garden. Now Jake.

I saw by the look on Y/N's beautiful face, she felt something for Jake. I was just a friend. Nothing more.

I know Y/N deserves the best. She's caring, funny, and gorgeous. Anything a person could ask for. I need some way to prove I can treat her better. Better than Jake can. (See what I did there? ;)

I walked back into the house, where I was greeted by Olive.

"Enoch, can we talk?" She asked, her light voice trembling a wee bit.

"Uh, sure." I shrugged.

"Well, I was talking with Y/N..." I perked up a little when I heard the name Y/N.

Y/N. That amazing smile and adorable laugh.

I was snapped back to reality after hearing those few words.

"I like you Enoch." I was left speechless. Hearing Olive say those words left me with a blank mind. How was I supposed to react? I mean, I only liked Olive as a friend, but she was too much of a friend to hurt her.

I suddenly had a thought. If Y/N saw how great of a boyfriend I am, she'd like me instead of Jake.

"I feel the same way, Olive." The words felt wrong coming out of my mouth, but Y/N was too special to me.

"Really?" I saw Olive's eyes light up.

"Yeah..." I chuckled wearily.

Y/N's POV

"And then he said he felt the same way!" I listened to Olive blabber on about her and Enoch. I just listened while I lay in the grass.

I honestly felt happy for her. I really did. The only thing was, there was this weird aching feeling in my chest, whenever she mentioned Enoch.

Oh well. I guess I need to see the doctor.

As if in cue, Enoch came up from Olive and gave her a hug.

"How is everyone doing on this fine morning?" Enoch asked.

"Since when did you like days like this?" I retorted jokingly.

"Since I've been with Olive." I mentally rolled my eyes.

"While you two act all lovey dovey, I'm going to go see if Jake has any thing interesting to do." I I huffed and walked down the short hill, where I think Jake was.

"Y/N!" I turned around to see Enoch jogging after me.

"Yeah? I thought you were with Olive?"

"Uh, yeah. About that..." He sighed.

"Don't tell me you broke up after 20 minutes. I swear, if I find her bawling her eyes out—" Enoch stopped me by putting a hand on my shoulder.

"No, Y/N. I talked to Olive, she understands."

"Understands wha—" my whole world just stopped. It took me a while to process what was going on, until I felt Enoch's warm, soft lips on mine.

He pulled back, resting his forehead on mine. I stared into his eyes. They suddenly looked more dazzling then before.

"Understand that I'm in love with you." He whispered.

I didn't know what to say. I gave him a short but sweet kiss on his lips.

"I feel the same way. But you seemed so happy with Olive for the 20 minutes you were with her." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I thought you liked Jake, so I thought if you saw how good of a boyfriend I could be, then you would change your mind." He said sheepishly blushing.

"Aw, you were jealous." I giggled, ruffling his dark locks.

"I was." He admitted. "I love you, Y/N."

Awww, cliche, adorablenesss.'diwieyebfiwpeu3&;!29/
Sweet.Hope you enjoyed.

-Cali xx
Btw 1032 words...