10

[edited]

Juliet's POV

I quickly pulled back, realizing what I had just done.

"I— I'm so s—sorry." I stepped back.

"It's fine, really." He assured. I shook my head and ran for the door. I tried moving the coffee table, but it was one of the legs was stuck in a crack in the floor.

I grunted in anger, and all of a sudden the table flew to the side. I didn't question it, then I ran outside. I turned the corner and sat on the side of the building.

"Juliet?" I heard my name called. I looked up and saw Olive sit next to me.

"Hey, Olive." I murmured.

"What's the matter?" She asked.

"Nothing." I shook my head.

"Jakes right. You are a bad liar." She giggled. I cringed at his name. I can't believe I was stupid enough to kiss Jake. Kissing leads to relationships, relationships lead to getting attached, getting attached leads to the risk of getting your heart broken.

I hadn't realized I started crying until Olive started rubbing my back.

"Juliet!" I looked up and saw Jake standing in front of me, catching his breath.

"Please, go, Jake."

"What happened back there?" He asked.

"It's nothing." Then I remembered about "how bad of a liar" I am. "Okay, fine. Just stop telling me I'm a bad liar." I said jokingly.

"I'll leave you two alone." Olive said. She stood up and walked away, Jake replacing her spot.

"I was just scared." I told Jake.

"About what?" I looked into his icy blue eyes.

"Losing you. I thought that could ruin our friendship, and you've been the nicest person I've met in decades." I sighed.

"Decades?" He asked unbelievingly.

"Yeah, I mean, the people at my other loop always laughed at me and called me a freak. Hypocrites." I muttered the last part, making Jake laugh.

"You don't have to listen to them You're an amazing person." Jake said seriously.

"Thanks." I said, laying my head on Jake's shoulder.

"Enoch!" I heard someone laugh, making my head jolt up. Enoch jogged past me and Jake with Olive.

"Looks like someone's moved on," I mumbled.

"That's not like Enoch," Jake said, watching them.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Enoch's never liked Olive. I mean, she makes it a little obvious, but Enoch's not one to have feelings."

"So you think it's fake?" I tilted my head.

"Definitely. If Enoch was actually happy, he would be smiling. Not, whatever that facial expression is." I laughed.

"You think he's trying to make me jealous?" I asked.

"Most likely. He's staring at you." I looked at Enoch. He was staring at me, but quickly looked away.

"Well two can play at that game." I smirked and got up.

"Where are you going?" Jake asked, getting up too.

"To Emma. For advice. I have no idea how this works." I said.

"So I'm not worthy of advice giving?" He joked.

"Ugh, fine, I just have to meet Emma soon." I informed.

"Well, uh, Juliet? Will you be my fake girlfriend?" Jake tried to say seriously, but started laughing.

"Of course." I said in a British accent then curtsied. "But can I tell Emma about this? I really don't want to keep secrets from her."

"Of course. Plus if she finds out you kept a secret from her, the end effect isn't pretty." Jake said as if he experienced it.

I looked down at me wristwatch. "Holy Harry Styles! I need to help Emma. Bye fake boyfriend." I waved.

"Did you just say holy Harry Styles?" I chuckled.

"Yes, now live with it." I said then walked away.

***
Teeheee
Pls vote😍
-Cali
***