07

[edited]

Juliet's POV

I groggily woke up due to the annoying sunlight.

I checked the wristwatch Miss Peregrine gave me. 8:02.

"Emma! Why didn't you wake me up?!" I yelled. I looked around the room and noticed I wasn't in mine and Emma's room. It was a bedroom, just an unfamiliar one. My eyes stopped at a hunched figure on another bed.

"Hello?" I asked, standing up. Since they didn't respond, I walked behind it.

"What do you want?" A very familiar Scottish accent snarled.

"Enoch? What are you doing here?" I asked surprised.

"I could ask you the same." He snarled. I rolled my eyes and walked to the door. I turned the doorknob, but it was locked.

"I already tried," Enoch said. Just then I heard giggling outside the door. I already knew who it was.

"Bronwyn, Claire. You're going to be in big trouble once we get out." I threatened.

"Miss Peregrine said it would be the most adi— uh — ade — oh! Adequate way to get you to to stop fighting." Claire said.

"Well, it's never going to happen," Enoch replied.

"Oh well then." Bronwyn snickered. Then I hear footsteps fading. I sighed and plopped on the bed.

"So we're stuck for eternity in here?" I asked no one.

"Yep," Enoch said and turned to me on his bed.

"Just what I need," I mumbled.

She's cute when she's annoyed.

I turned to Enoch and gave him a weird look.

What's her problem?

"You know what my problem is?! It's that I've been trying to be nice to you after I apologized endlessly for what happened in the past! But you have to be heartless and be so immature about it!" I pointed a finger at him.

"H—how did you— what?" He stuttered.

"So you forgot. Huh?" I sighed.

"Forgot what?" He asked softly.

"My peculiarity; I can read minds."

"Oh." Was all he said. I was still really mad, so I didn't reply. We sat in silence for what seemed like hours.

"I've been watching you for some time

Can't stop staring at those ocean eyes

Burning cities and napalm skies

Fifteen flares inside those ocean eyes

Your ocean eyes

No fair

You really know how to make me cry

When you give me those ocean eyes

I'm scared

I've never fallen from quite this high

Falling into your ocean eyes

Those ocean eyes

I've been walking through a world gone blind

Can't stop thinking of your time and life

Careful creature made friends with time

You left her lonely with a diamond mine

And those ocean eyes." I sang quietly.

"You— uh have a beautiful voice," Enoch said awkwardly.

"Thanks," I said, not making eye contact.

"Okay, children, I hope you have learned your lesson. Time for supper." Miss Peregrine said, opening the door.

Already? It felt a lot shorter. I heard Enoch think.

I agreed with him in my mind. I went to mine and Emma's room to get ready. I combed my hear and put on a plain green dress. As I exited the hallway, so did Enoch. His room is a few doors down. We awkwardly walked to the dining room and everyone stared at us as we took our seats. I sat to the right of Jake.

"I'm so sorry that happened," Emma whispered. "I tried to talk Miss Peregrine out of it."

"It's fine. Really.But thanks." I replied.

***
Lol
Sorry for a boring chappie
-Cali
***