21

[edited]

Juliet's POV

"Jules, can I ask you something?" Dante asked and I turned to him.

"Sure."

"I know you'll need time to think about it, but, will you live here with us?"

"W—what?" I stuttered

"I know it's a lot to take in, but I'll give you time to think about it." He said.

"Ok thanks." I nodded.

"Chosen yet?" He asked.

"Wha—no!" I slapped his arm. "I need more time. Probably a couple of days."

"I understand. Let's get back to Miss Peregrine." Dante said. Miss Avocet got Kaitlyn and Travis and we headed back to Miss Peregrine's.

We walked through the tree to go back to 1943.

"Ow." I flinched as I scraped myself against a branch. The cut started bleeding a little as I walked out.

Kaitlyn left Miss Avocet's side and held my arm. She closed her eyes and put a hand on my wound. I watched as it slowly healed.

"Thanks, Kait." I smiled and hugged her.

We got back to the home and Miss Peregrine was there waiting.

"Welcome back." She smiled and allowed us to walk in. I walked in just in time to see Olive light the fireplace.

"Hey." I heard someone say.

"Oh, hi, Enoch." I smiled

"What were you looking at?" He asked.

"The *incandescence of the fire," I said.

"How do you know all these words? I lost my dictionary decades ago when I moved." He said jokingly.

"Speaking of which, can I talk to you for a second?" I asked.

"Of course." I led him into the parlor.

"Dante asked me to live with them in Miss Avocet's loop," I said frankly.

"W—what? You're not serious." Enoch said.

"I haven't given him an answer, but I'm not really sure," I said, looking at the ground.

"But you need to stay here." He said with pleading eyes.

"You guys are fine without me. I mean, you have Olive." I pointed out.

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

"Um, yesterday I heard you think things like, 'I thought for a second she liked me again. I guess not. Olive is nice though'." I winked.

"That, oh, um... I wasn't talking about Olive." He said quietly.

"Then who were you talking about?" I asked.

"You."

Incandescence: in·can·des·cent

ˌinkənˈdes(ə)nt/

adjective

emitting light as a result of being heated.

***
Another cliffy😂🤣😂
I hope u enjoyed this one
Idk y my chappies r always short
-Cali
***