12

Juliet's POV

I walked to the dining room with Jake. Emma has graciously let me sit next to Jake for the plan.

"Jake. Juliet. How wonderful." Miss Peregrine smiled as we walked in. I saw Enoch's jaw clench at the sight of me and Jake.

The entire dinner was quiet.

"Emma, why aren't you in your normal seat?" Claire asked.

"Oh, um, I'm letting Juliet and Jake know each other more." Emma said, and I gave her a thankful look.

"But they aren't talking." Olive brought up.

"You don't need to talk to know someone." I said, setting my hand on the table.

"Yeah. You can just observe people. In a not so creepy way." Jake added. He set his hand on the table too. But instead it landed on mine.

He pulled away and blushed.

"Aw, you are so cute together." Bronwyn said to me and Jake.

"W—what!? Oh—" I got cut off.

"Um, Juliet is my girlfriend." Jake announced. I looked at him and he nodded.

"Enoch, you need to learn how to not be jealous." Fiona laughed. We all looked at Enoch who looked like he was ready to burst.

"Enough, children. Time for movie time." Miss Peregrine said. The phone started ringing, so she went outside to answer it.

We all got up and headed to the screening room.

"Fiona, can I talk to you for a second?" I asked her. She nodded and stayed back. In the corner of my eye I saw Hugh give me a 'thank you' look and I nodded.

"What did you need?" She asked.

"Well, Hu—I mean— I have been noticing you have been with Horace more than Hugh." I said in a hushed voice.

"Oh, that. Well, I trust you." She sighed. "A few days ago, Hugh told me he, um, loved me. He's never said anything like that." She looked down.

"What did you say back?" I asked.

"I said I loved him too. I was just afraid that getting to serious would lead to bad things." She said. For a thirteen-year-old she's got a lot of complicated problems.

"What does that have to do with Horace?" I asked.

"I've been helping Horace control is prosthetic dreams. I don't want the others to know just yet. I don't want Hugh to know just in case he thinks I'm embarrassed or something." She let out a dry laugh.

"Well if he loves you, then he would understand." I put a hand on her shoulder.

"Thank you, Juliet." She smiled and hugged me. We both walked to where the others were.

I sat in my spot next to Jake, and she sat next to Hugh. I watched as she whispered
To Hugh what happened a few minutes ago.

I kind of zoned out during Horace's dreams. All I was thinking about was Enoch. I don't know why, but I was.

"Thank you, Horace. Now, children, time for reset." Miss Peregrine said, turning the lights on.

"Already?" I asked. Time flew by fast.

"Yes. Now come on." Jake chuckled. We walked outside, and I stood next to Jake.

"Run, rabbit. Run, rabbit. Run run run."
The jukebox played.

"I never got tired of this." I heard Olive sigh in joy.

"It's beautiful." I agreed.

We watched as the Nazis flew over the house, and the bomb almost hitting the house. I have to agree that the reset was beautiful. The rain stopped in front of me, and I put out a hand to touch a raindrop.

The rain flew backwards and so did the planes and bomb.

"Off to be." Miss P said. We all headed inside.

"Juliet." Someone called.

***
Cliffhanger!!
Thank u so much for 500 reads!!!!!🖤
Pls vote if I liked😊
-Cali
***