09

[edited]

Enoch's POV

"Enoch? Are you okay?" Olive asked.

"Huh? Oh, y—yeah." I pulled back. I looked out the window and saw Juliet walking inside with Jake. Perfect.

"Olive, don't you look lovely today," I said as Juliet and Jake walked back inside. I made sure to talk loud enough for them to hear.

"O—oh. Thanks." She blushed. I kind of feel bad for using her, but Victor suggested to make Juliet jealous.

"Well look who's out of his room." Juliet laughed with an amused look on her face.

"Glad to see you're getting along with someone." Jake rolled his eyes.

"Um, I'll see you later then." I turned to Olive and kissed the back of her hand, then walked away.

Juliet's POV

I shifted a little uncomfortably when Enoch kissed Olive's hand. I felt something weird inside.

"Getting a little friendly with Enoch, hm?" Jake wiggled his eyebrows.

"Maybe." She giggled, then skipped out of the kitchen. I continued to shift uncomfortably at the thought of Enoch and Olive.

"Hey, you okay?" Jake asked.

"Uh, yeah." I lied.

"You know, you are a really bad liar." He chuckled.

"Ugh. Sometimes I really hate you." I punched him jokingly.

"Talk to me." He said seriously.

"Um, well I sorta maybe kinda still have a few itty bitty feelings for—"

"Enoch?" He smirked.

"Yeah." I sighed. "But I'm sort of over it now. I mean, he's got Olive." I shrugged.

"Don't worry. You don't need Enoch. You are really amazing. And if he doesn't appreciate that, then—" I cut Jake off by kissing his cheek. He looked at me, smiled, and blushed.

"What was—" he got cut off.

"Juliet? Jake? Will you play with us?" Claire asked, running into the kitchen holding Bronwyn's hand.

"Oh, of course." I smiled.

"Shall we go?" Jake asked in a British accent, holding out his hand. I giggled and took it.

-

"What are we playing, Bronwyn?" I asked as they dragged me and Jake upstairs.

"You'll see," Claire replied. They pulled us into the playroom.

"Finally, you're— what are they doing here?" My head shot forward. Enoch. He seemed to be staring at something. I followed his gaze and realized I was still holding Jake's hand.

"We're going to play Romeo and Juliet!" Fiona said from the couch. I think I saw where this was going...

"Juliet, you will be Juliet," Claire said. I kind of figured.

"And... Enoch is Romeo!" Bronwyn clapped.

"What?!" My eyes widened as Enoch and I both yelled it.

"Please." Bronwyn and Claire pouted.

"Ugh. Fine. Just this once." Enoch furrowed his eyebrows and the girls cheered.

-

"Uh, what now?" I asked. I never read Romeo and Juliet, so I didn't know what to do.

"Now, Enoch! Kiss Juliet." Claire giggled.

"Not happening!" I said standing up. I sat next to Jake on the couch.

"Fine. But you have to kiss someone. Romeo and Juliet can't just end with Juliet ditching her man." Bronwyn said, putting a hand on her hip.

"I'm sorry sweetie," I said, standing up to go to the door.

"No," Bronwyn said as she pushed the coffee table in front of the doors.

"Bronwyn!" I said shocked.

"Please. We need to finish this scene." Claire stood up.

"Fine," I said annoyed. I stomped to the couch and kissed Jake.

***
Ooooooooh
Cliffhanger...
Pls vote❤️
-Cali
***