01

[edited]

Jake's POV

"Emma?" I asked as she finished putting the squirrel back in its tree.

"Yes?" She replied as she put her shouts back on.

"Is Enoch ok after last night?" I asked, referring to the dream Horace had yesterday.

"I'm sure he is. He won't leave his room, though. Even Olive couldn't get him to," She sighed.

"Are Olive and Enoch a thing?" I asked.

"Heavens no," She laughed. "She just... is able to persuade Enoch sometimes."

"Oh yeah, Miss Peregrine told me to tell you that we have a new peculiar living with us," I remembered.

"That sounds exciting. I hope it's another girl," She smiled. 

"Nah, things would be way more fun with another guy," I laughed. For a little while, Emma and I debated on what the new peculiar was going to be like while we did our chores.

"Good Lord, it's 5:14. We need to get ready for supper," Emma said, looking at her watch.

We went to our rooms and I threw on a blazer and a necktie. After years of living here, I never learned how to tie these. I walked to Emma's room and knocked on the door.

She opened the door and stared at my failed attempt to tie my tie. She shook her head and laughed. I'm sure she's used to this by now.

We made our way downstairs. Everyone was already seated except for Miss Peregrine. Even Enoch was here. He just stared forward at Miss Peregrine's chair. I shrugged it off and sat in my seat next to Emma.

At 5:31, Miss Peregrine stepped into the dining hall.

"Um,  children, we have a new peculiar joining us." She smiled. I could tell she was very nervous.

"Who is it?" Claire and Bronwyn asked excitedly.

"Well, she is very shy," Miss P said.

"I won the bet," Emma whispered to me and I rolled my eyes. We bet whether the new peculiar was going to be a girl or a boy. 

"But I can't float. How will I put the squirrel in the tree?" I asked.

"Climb it." She simply said.

"When can we meet her?" Fiona asked.

"Tomorrow, Dear. She is very tired," Miss Peregrine replied.

"Aw," All the kids sighed.

"Anyway, dig in," Miss P said as she ate her chicken. I struggled trying to stab my peas with my fork.

After dinner was same as always. Watch Horace's dream. For the past two nights, Enoch has been hiding in his room. Also, for the past two nights, Horace has been having dreams about the Juliet girl. After, we did the reset.

"Well, time for bed. Goodnight, everyone," Miss Peregrine said, turning on the lights.

I waited for Emma by the stairs, but she was called by Miss Peregrine.

"Emma, could I please talk to you for a second?" Miss P asked. She looked at me, then gave me a 'sorry' look. I nodded understandingly and walked to my room.

Emma's POV

"Yes, Miss Peregrine?" I asked.

"I want you to be the first to meet our new peculiar," She said quietly with no emotion. I followed her down the hall and outside a room.

I looked at her and she nodded for me to go in. I creaked the door wide enough for me to enter. It was dark and the lights weren't on.

"Hello?" I asked, stepping in.

"Hello, Emma," I heard a familiar voice.

"Who's there?" I looked around. All of a sudden a lamp was turned on. I saw the source of the voice, and my eyes widened.

"Juliet."

***
Oooh
Please vote💖
-Cali
***