02

[edited]

Emma's POV

I didn't know whether to hug Juliet or yell at her. She was my best friend, but then she left without a warning.

I was so shocked so I just ran up and hugged her.

"I missed you so much, Em," She whispered.

"You too, Juliet," I smiled.

"I'm so excited to see everyone tomorrow," She said pulling back.

"I bet they are too. You know, except for... Enoch," I said awkwardly.

"He's still here?!" Her eyes lit up, but her smile quickly faded. "He's not gonna want to see me," She sighed.

"We'll just see what happens tomorrow," I put a hand on her shoulder.

"Ms. Blackwood will be staying in your room tonight," Miss Peregrine said. 

I led Juliet to my room quietly so we didn't  wake up the kids. Juliet got her luggage and followed me upstairs. I had a spare bed in my room, so Juliet plopped her luggage on the bed.

"You know, I'm not really tired, can we talk for a bit?" Juliet asked.

"Of course. We can walk in the garden," I said. We quietly made our way down the stairs and outside.

"Look, I'm really sorry about... you know," She sighed.

"It's okay. That was centuries ago," I assured.

"I'm just really glad you forgive me," She said sadly.

"I'm sure Enoch would understand," I said.

"Enoch would understand what?" My head shot forward at the person infront of me.

"Enoch!" I yelped.

"Enoch..." I heard Juliet whisper next to me.

"J—Juliet?" Enoch whispered, barely audible. He just stared at her for a few seconds then ran through the forest.

"Enoch!" Juliet ran after him. I tried grabbing her wrist to stop her, but she ran too fast. She followed Enoch into the forest.

Juliet's POV

I followed Enoch through the forest and to the beach. He was standing on the cliff, looking at the ocean.

"Enoch!" I yelled. He didn't turn around, which annoyed me a little. "Enoch!" I called loudly. This time he turned around. He faced me from about ten feet away. I slowly walked toward him until he was four feet away.

I stared into his dark eyes as he stared back. They were I little red, and gave a hint he was crying.

"Please. Let me explain," I said in a normal voice.

"There's no need to explain," He said angrily

"Please," I whispered. He just shook his head and walked past me to the house, bumping my shoulder on the way. I didn't bother chasing him, so all I did was cry.

"Lee?" I heard Emma's familiar voice. I looked up and wiped my eyes. Emma pulled me into a hug as I cried on her shoulder. "You should get some sleep," She whispered.

We made our way back to the house. When we got to Emma's room, I crawled into the bed and cried myself to sleep.

***
Aww
Please don't forget to vote<3
-Cali
***