Bonus Chapter ~ School AU (1)

Juliet's POV

"Mom, I can walk to school myself." I groaned at my mother, Alma.

It's my first day of high school, and she insisted on driving me, on my first day, in her old Mercedes.

It's not that I'm embarrassed or anything, it's just that in those cliché movies and fanfictions, first impressions are so important.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Positive. Gotta go, bye Mom." I gave her a kiss on the cheek before I ran out the door.

My school, Ymbryne High, is only two blocks away, so I don't have to worry about being late.

I walked down the street, seeing groups of other kids walking to school too. It made me realize I don't know anyone at the school.

"Juliet!" I heard my name. My head whipped around, and a smile grew on my face.

"Olive! Dante!" We ran towards each other, like those dramatic movies where people run towards each other in slow motion.

When we reached each other, I engulfed the two in a large hug.

Olive, Dante, and I were old friends in elementary, that is, until I started homeschool in 5th grade. I can tell we go to the same school because of the uniform they both wore; blue and white plain cotton clothing.

Ever since, I haven't kept in touch with either of them, until now.

"It's so good to see you!" Dante smiled, pulling back. Olive nodded and ruffled his platinum blonde hair.

"We haven't seen you in ages!" Olive exclaimed.

"I know! Now that we go to the same school, we can spend more time together." I giggled.

"That is, if we aren't late." Dante pointed out. When we all came to realization, we all sped down the block to reach the school.

Thankfully, we reached school before the bell. We all head for the office to receive our schedules.

"Maths? Great." Dante huffed as he read his schedule.

"I have art with Olive." I laughed at Dante as Olive and I compared schedules.

"I guess we have break together, so I'll see you then." Dante waved before heading to his class.

"Shall we?" I turned to Olive and stuck my arm out for Olive. She laughed and looped her arm through.

We both headed to our art, which was room 18. When Oliva and I walked in, all heads snapped to the door.

"Ms. Elephanta and Ms. Blackwood?" Olive and I nodded. The teacher was a sweet, elderly lady. She had grey hair pinned up in loose curls. " Have a seat then." Olive and I walked to the back of the room.

There was a long, rectangular table with four seats, and two people already sitting there. Olive and I sat next to the two. A girl and a boy.

The girl had bright blonde curly hair and hazel eyes. The boy had short, dark brown hair and icy blue eyes like Dante's.

"Hey." The girl piped up quietly.

"Uh, hi." I smiled awkwardly. I was never good at talking to new people.

"I'm Emma, and this Jake." The girl, 'Emma', said. 

"I'm Olive." Olive was quick to introduce herself.

"I'm Juliet." I introduced after.

"Okay, class, my name is Miss Avocet. Since this is the first day, we are going to start with an easy project." The teacher introduced.

"Oh, fun." Jake chuckled sarcastically.

"I'm going to partner you up. I want you to talk to your partner and get to know them. After class, you both have to work n an art piece that resembles the both of you."

I really hoped I would get Olive, or at least Emma or Jake.  Miss Avocet started calling names, and kids started moving through the classroom to get to their partners.

Olive was lucky enough to get Emma. Jake was partnered with a kid named Horace, and my name was still not called.

"Uh, Juliet and Enoch."

The whole room went quiet at the mention of our names. I didn't know who Enoch was, so I slowly stood up.

"Mr. O'Connor, can you lease raise your hand for Ms. Blackwood?" As soon as the words left her lips, the crowd of students in the middle of the room separated and once the crowd was cleared, there sat a boy.

He had dark curly hair, and dark, mysterious eyes. Something about him interested me.

I slowly walked to his desk, everyone's eyes followed me as I did.

I slowly sat down across from Enoch. After a few seconds, conversations slowly sparked up again from kids in the room.

"Uh, hi. I'm Juliet." I tried to lighten the mood.

"I'm Enoch." His voice evident of a mix of Scottish and a little British.

"Should we get started?"

Hey bushes I'm back ;) Miss me?! Lol jk. I'm starting this short bonus AU series in honor of 23k reads!!!!!!! Hope u enjoy and dont forget to vote<3

-Luv u #Cali