23

[edited]

Enoch's POV

"You will?!" I asked in shock. All of a sudden her body stiffened.

"No. I'm going to go and pack my things." She said, and walked inside. What just happened? I walked up to a tree behind me and kicked it.

"What a shame." I heard a voice say behind me.

"What do you want, Dante." I spat.

"Well it seems Juliet made up her mind." Dante shrugged. I turned around and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt.

"I know you did something." I growled.

"I have no idea what you're talking about. Even if I had the slightest clue, we all know she prefers me over you." He smirked.

"What are you talking about?" I demanded.

"The only reason she broke up with me was that she wanted to come back. Honestly, she's never mentioned you before." Dante chuckled. I aggressively let go of his collar and watched him stumble backward. He gained balance and walked away.

So what happened with Juliet?

Emma's POV

"Miss Peregrine, can I talk to you for a— oh hey, Lee." I smiled as I saw Juliet walk in. She ignored me and walked to Miss Peregrine.

"Miss Peregrine, I will be moving out in a matter of days to Miss Avocet's loop." That was all she said before she walked upstairs.

"What just happened?" I asked.

"It seems Miss Blackwood has decided to leave." Miss P said.

"Don't you think that's a little strange?" I asked.

"What are you talking about?" She asked.

"I mean, she just got here, and now she wants to leave. Quite apart from the pack she had no emotion." I pointed out.

"Maybe she's just tired." Miss P suggested. I only nodded, though I didn't believe her. I heard the door open and saw Jake walk in.

"Jake," I called quietly and walked up to him.

"O—oh, Emma, h—hey." He stuttered.

"Oh, no. Not you too." I sighed.

"What?"

"Something's wrong with Juliet. She told me and Miss Peregrine that she's moving out, but she seemed... Off." I explained.

"How so?"

"She was so *aberrant. She didn't have emotion. Sort of like a robot." I said.

"Are you saying there's something wrong with her?" He asked.

"Yes." I nodded.

I led Jake upstairs and looked through the creak in her door. She was putting her clothes in a trunk. I looked a little more to the left and saw Dante sitting on her bed.

"How did Dante get in?" I whispered to Jake.

"I didn't see him pass us. We were right in front of the door." He said back. We looked back into the room, and all of a sudden the door opened.

Aberrant: ab·er·rant

ˈabərənt,əˈberənt/

adjective

departing from an accepted standard.

diverging from the normal type.

***
Cliffhanger...
Again, I need an idea for a new book... Any suggestions?
Pls vote if u enjoyed
-Cali
***