35

[edited]

Juliet's POV

I paced back and forth, trying to find a place to hide the baby.

I saw in the corner of the room was a small cardboard box. I quickly and gently placed the baby inside.

"Juliet, I'm coming up." Miss Peregrine called. Then I remembered...

There's a big freaking hole shattered into the giant window on the wall!

"I'm fine! Totally! No need to come here." I yelled back.

"Are you in Enoch's room?" She asked.

"Um... yeah?"

"Why?"

"I'm his... uh... tutor."

"Tutor?"

"Yes. Tutor. I help him in the study of... shapes."

What am I doing?

"Well okay then." Then I heard footsteps back down the stairs. I sighed in repeat and went to get the baby.

"Maybe you were the baby in Horace's dream," I said to the baby.

I snuck the baby to my room and set him in my bed, while I quickly went to get Horace.

I found him reading outside. Like always.

"Horace, it's an emergency." I grabbed his wrist and pulled him up, making him drop his book.

"Blimey, Juliet, careful with the suit." He said as I dragged him upstairs.

"There are more important matters," I said, pulling him into the room.

"Like what?" He crossed his arms. I pointed at the baby on my bed and Horace's eyes popped.

"What is that?!" He pointed at the baby.

"It's a baby," I said.

"Does Enoch know?" He whispered.

"It's not my baby!" I slapped his arm. "Besides, I can't find Enoch anywhere."

"You don't think..." Horace started. Then he kept silent.

"Yeah. I'm not thinking, because I don't know what you're thinking, and I don't want to sound like an idiot." I put a hand on my hip.

"Maybe that's Enoch." He said. We looked at the baby who just stared back awkwardly.

It did resemble Enoch. Curly dark brown hair, brown eyes, and wears trousers and a sweater.

"We can't tell Miss Peregrine," I said.

"What are we going to tell her?! Oh sorry, Miss Peregrine, we found your oldest child in his room, in baby form." He threw his hands in the air.

"Apparently you don't know what 'don't tell' means. What you said was the exact opposite of what we're going to do." I sighed.

"It was— never mind." Horace facepalmed.

"Now we just have to get past Miss Peregrine," I said. Just then the door opened.

"Is that a baby?"

***
Who do u think it is??
Pls vote if u enjoyed.
Like, oml, 4.9k!!! Thanks suuu much💖💖
-Cali
***