06

[edited]

Juliet's POV

"Olive, Juliet, this food is wonderful!" Miss Peregrine smiled.

"Thank you." Olive and I both replied.

"I honestly couldn't have done it without Jake." I laughed. I saw Enoch shift a little in his seat.

"Hey, you did great for a first day. Plus, it's great to have a conversation with someone who has an American accent." He joked.

"Hey!" The kids yelled, then burst into laughter. Except for Enoch.

"Look, Enoch's jealous," Horace smirked.

"Why would I be jealous? Juliet can go marry Jake for all I care." He shot back.

"Don't be mean, Enoch, she doesn't want to. He's just excited to have a visitor." Fiona defended.

We sat in silence for a couple of minutes before we all went to the living room.

I sat in between Jake and Millard on the sofa to the right with Emma. The second couch had Olive, Enoch, Claire, and Bronwyn, and the twins, Fiona, and Hugh sat in the floor.

Horace sat in his chair and placed the projecting monocle in his eye. I really missed watching his dreams.

The first dream was of Horace in a large dressing room wearing a fancy suit and top hat.

"I'll take three of these." He said proudly.
The Taylor man stood up and measured a measuring tape along his arm and neck.

The next scene was very dim. There was a silhouette of two children holding hands in the garden. It was dark, so you couldn't see any features.

Just then, one of the figures, which looked like a boy, kissed the girl's cheek. I looked around the room. Everyone was squinting and tilting their heads, probably trying to figure out who they are.

Oh no, Horace. It sounded like Fiona. I looked at the floor. She was looking at the floor blushing.

Did Horace see us? That sounded like Hugh. I decided to bring it up later.

I looked back at the screen, and the scene changed to... me? I was standing in a plains room, except the left half of my face was cast in a shadow, and the right side was in the light. Like half darkness half-light.

The view zoomed out a little. My hair was left down, and I was in a plain grey dress.

"Juliet!" On the left side, the dark side, a figure stepped out.

Everyone in the room turned to Enoch.

"Juliet?" Another voice from the light side called. Then everyone turned their head to Jake. I awkwardly looked around the room, blushing.

"Okay, children, off to bed." Miss Peregrine said, turning the light on.

"Aw." The kids pouted as they walked to their rooms.

"Uh, Fiona? Can I talk to you really quickly?" I asked. She looked at me and nodded. I waited until everyone was gone to talk to her.

"What did you need to talk about?" She looked up at me.

"Is there something going on between you and Hugh?" I wiggled my eyebrows.

"Uh, how did you know?" She stuttered a bit.

"I can read minds. It's my peculiarity." I explained.

"Are you sure being nosy isn't your peculiarity?" She joked. "Please don't tell."

"I promise." I stuck out my pinky, and she wrapped hers around mine. "Now get some sleep." I smiled and watch her run up the stairs.

***
Anyone like mayday parade?
I ship Fugh!!!
Pls vote?
-Cali
***