04

[edited]

Enoch's POV

I watched Juliet run out of the room.

"Why was she so sad?" Claire asked me. I looked down at her and picked her up.

"Victor was her best friend," I explained.

"She knew Victor?" Claire asked and I nodded. "Do you like Juliet?" She giggled.

"I used to," I mumbled to myself.

"Enoch, I think you should apologize to Miss. Blackwood." Miss Peregrine said.

"What? Why?"

"What you said was very straightforward, and you knew how much she cared about him." She crossed her arms. I sighed and started to set Claire down.

"Wait! I wanna go with you. I don't want Juliet to be sad." She pouted. I sighed and took her hand.

"Me too," Bronwyn said. I groaned and took her hand as well. We made our way to Emma's room and I knocked.

"Juliet? Can I come in?" I asked

"Go away, Enoch."

Bronwyn and Claire are here too." I added, then she opened the door. A small smirk formed on my face, but instantly disappeared when I saw Juliet's tear-stained face. She opened the door, left it open, and went to go sit on her bed.

"Listen, Juliet. I'm really sorry about being so straightforward about the Victor thing." I said as Claire and Bronwyn crawled on the bed and hugged her.

"It's fine, I guess. Do you mind telling me how he died?" She asked quietly. I really didn't want to tell her. One, I would get sad again, and two, I didn't want to tell her it was her fault he's dead.

"Uh—"

"Please?" She looked at me with pleading eyes, and I sighed in defeat.

//Flashback to the night she ran away...

I sat next to Jules for the third movie night we've had since Horace came, and held her hand when I sat on the couch.

"I, um, am really tired. I think I'm just going to take a quick nap before reset." She said. She squeezed my hand and walked upstairs.

When we were done with movie night, we all waited for Jules to come down for the reset.

"I'm going to go get Lee," Victor said then ran upstairs. I was the only one that got to call her Jules. All of a sudden, Victor ran downstairs and out the door.

Emma and I followed him outside and stood by the doorway. I saw the small silhouette of someone running away. I could easily tell who it was. Juliet. Victor ran after her.

Emma and I watched in horror as Victor was lifted into the air.

"Miss Peregrine, what's happening?!" Emma yelled.

After a few seconds, Miss Peregrine came out with a crossbow. "It's a hollowgast." She said. She then ran to where Victor was floating. She aimed the bow at the air. She shot an arrow, and Victor was immediately dropped to the ground. I didn't wait until it was safe to see Victor.

I ran to Victor's motionless body and I gasped. His eyes were missing.

"Enoch." Victor gasps.

"Victor, it's going to be okay," I assured.

"Just promise me... Lee will come back." He choked.

"I promise," I said, tears threatening to come out. I could hear Emma behind me, and Bronwyn with her crying.

//Present time

Juliet's POV

"So it's all my fault." I cried.

"Sort of," Enoch mumbled. He was really starting to get on my nerves.

"So nothing's changed," I said angrily.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He crossed his arms.

"It means you're still the same heartless person I left years ago." I stood up angrily.

"So that's why you left?!"

"Not just that," I grumbled.

"Then why?" His face softened.

"I couldn't stand it here. Being stuck at the same time, doing the same things for decades. I just, couldn't handle it." I wiped away tears.

"Well, I've been here for decades." He spat.

"Yeah. You've been here for centuries and nothing has changed." I crossed my arms. All he did was snarl and stomp out the door.

"I'm so sorry you guys had to hear that." I apologized to Bronwyn and Claire.

"It's okay. Ever since you left, Enoch has been so distant." Bronwyn explained.

"Can we do your hair?" Clair asked sweetly.

"Of course." I smiled.

That was eventful...

***
Sorry for a boring chappie
Pls vote👏
-Cali
***