Bonus Chapter ~ Jake x Reader

Y/N'S POV

I can't.

I just watched my parents' eye literally fly out of their skulls from some unknown force, then disappearing into thin air!

Am I crazy?

I huddled in the corner of our small house, scared that I'd experience the same fate.

All of a sudden, an arrow was shot through my window. My head snapped in that direction and I saw a boy with short dark hair and icy eyes, holding a cross bow. 

He crawled through the window and looked around. I saw the arrow in the middle of the room. It looked like it was lodged into something, but something invisible.

Finally, he turned to me, and I tried to shrink even further, for fear I would be harmed.

"Shh. It's okay, you're safe now." He crouched to my level and gave me a small smile. I started to relax a little.

"W-what happened? What was that? Who are y—" the boy held up a hand.

"There's not much time. We need to get you to safety." His face showing seriousness. "And my name is Jake." He flashed a smile

-

"Miss Peregrine!" Jake called, as we entered a large house. It was raining outside, and I had followed him through woods and forests. I've come this far to lose my trust in him.

"Jake? Is everything alright?" From another room walked in a lady in a navy skirt and blazer. Her hair was a dark blue color that contrasted to her pale skin.

"I followed a hollow to a house on the hill. I found Y/N there. I had to help her." The lady, Miss Peregrine, turned her attention to me.

"Oh, poor dear, come have a seat." The lady led me to a small room with a fireplace, and I sat on one of the soft couches. "I'll get you tea." And with that, she left the room, leaving me and Jake.

Jake too a seat next to me. "Can I ask what year your from?" He asked hesitantly.

"What do you mean? Isn't it 2042?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Um, no. Listen, you are in 1943—"

"What!?" My eyes widened

"I know it's crazy." He paused for a moment. "There's something even crazier..." he trailed off.

"What can be crazier than being in the 19 hundred?" I chuckled.

"You are a peculiar."

"No need to resort to name calling." I scoffed.

"No, that's not what I meant. I mean, you have a kind of superpower..."

"What do you mean? That is ridiculous."

"Your peculiarity is bringing inanimate objects to life." He explained.

"How do you know that?" I scoffed, not believing him.

"Those people you lived with weren't your real parents. I know your parents." I was left without words.

"Who?" It came out as an inaudible whisper.

"My best friends, Enoch and Juliet. You inherited your father's power."

It wasn't until I felt a tear slide down my cheek.

"Where are they?" I asked him.

"You can see them in the morning. They should be back by then." I nodded. It was a lot to take in: the people I grew up with— dead. Actually parents— in 1943. What the actual heck?

"Should get some sleep." Jake said.

"Jake, I'm scared." I said honestly.

"Of what?" 

"Meeting my parents." I fiddled with my thumbs.

"Don't worry, Y/N. I'll be there with you every step of the way." He smiled.

Awww, short and sweet! Hope you all enjoyed!

-Cali