26

[edited]

Emma's POV

"What are we gonna do?" Enoch whispered.

"Oh, now you believe us." I crossed my arms.

"Whatever. What are we going to do?" He rolled his eyes.

"I have an idea. Follow me." Jake said and ran down the street, us following behind.

"Jake, where are we going?" I called as we chased him. He stopped at a tensed area of woods.

"I'm not going in there." I shook my head.

"It's just a graveyard, Emma." Enoch said.

"Why are we here anyway?" I asked Jake, completely ignoring Enoch.

"Look. I've been in this town before, and there's a rumor that in the very back of the woods is the body of a minion thing. They say whoever ressurects it is in complete control of it." He explained.

"What if it's not really. Or worse, we resurrect a demon from the underworld that will destroy humanity?" I suggested."Wow. That was *extemporaneous."

"Stop talking gibberish. We have to save the others." Jake said. We climbed over the short iron bars separating us from the graveyard.

Enoch and I followed Jake through the tombs of supposed markers where bodies lay. We finally reached a *mausoleum.

"Is this it?" I asked,

"Yes. Now can you help me?" He asked as he tried to open the stone door. Enoch and I helped. When it was opened enough for a human to talk in, a couple of spiders ran out.

"Gross." I murmured. I looked inside. It wasn't totally dark, besides the light seeping in from the opening. The room was filled with many cobwebs and spiders.

In the middle of the room lay a pedestal with a coffin on top. It was a simple wooden coffin. Jake hesitantly walked to it and opened it. Again, a few spiders crawled out.

Inside was not a skeleton, but a very haggard, and a very dead, man.

"Now what?" Enoch asked.

"Bring it to life with your Voodoo stuff." Jake shrugged.

"It's not voodoo. And how do you know I didn't bring any organs with me?" Enoch crossed his arms.

"You're Enoch. You always do." I answered.

"Fair enough." He huffed and pulled out a heart from his pocket. He stuck it into the dead body through the dirty and ragged button up shirt.

"Did it work?" I asked and stepped closer,

All of a sudden the corps's eyes shot open.

Extemporaneous: ex·tem·po·ra·ne·ous

ikˌstempəˈrānēəs/

adjective

spoken or done without preparation.

***
Sorry, it was short...
I'm saving a lot of the good parts for its own chapter.
Pls vote if you enjoyed...
THANK YOU FOR 2k! Honestly I didn't think that would ever happen💜💙❤️💛💚
-Cali
***