18

[edited]

Juliet's POV

I quickly pulled back and so did Dante.

"E—Enoch!" I stuttered.

"What's going on." He said angrily.

"Listen, dude, it's not what t looks like." Dante tried to cover.

"It looks like you two were snogging in here instead of doing your work." Enoch sneered.

"Okay, so it's kind of what it looks like." I stepped. "I swear I didn—" I got cut off.

"Save it." Enoch said and walked away.

"Enoch!" I called, running after him. He ran into his room and shut the door in my face.

"Please come out." I begged and sat against his door.

"Why? Don't you want to go ahead and see you boyfriend instead?" He spat.

"Enoch! He's not my boyfriend. I wouldn't date him ever. Not even if we were the last people on Earth, or if there was a syzygy or something." I explained standing against the door.

"You choose the worst times to use difficult words." He said sternly, but I sensed a bit of humor in his voice.

"Just... please?" I asked quietly. I didn't get a response, but after a few seconds the door opened. Unfortunately, I was still leaning against the door, so when it opened I fell backward.

I squeezed my eyes shut, waiting for the impact.

Nothing.

I opened my eyes and saw Enoch had caught me. I quickly got up and my face turned red. Enoch coughed awkwardly.

"S—sorry about that." I chuckled embarrassedly.

"No problem. Just know, even though I forgive you, it doesn't reduce my urge to throw Dante out a window." Enoch said.

"Very funny," I said sarcastically.

I walked with him downstairs to greet Miss Peregrine. We walked out the front door just on time to see Miss Peregrine and Miss Avocet.

"Right on time," I said impersonating Miss Peregrine and holding up my pocket watch.

"There better not be a mess when I get inside." She said jokingly. Enoch and I followed behind Miss Avocet and Miss Peregrine. The living room was clean and spotless. The kids were all standing in the middle, waiting for the headmistress.

Everyone came up and hugged Miss Peregrine and/ or Miss Avocet.

"Did we miss anything while we were gone?" Miss Avocet asked. I looked at Dante then Enoch.

"Nope. Nothing at all." I assured.

"Good. Is supper ready?" Miss P asked. Olive nodded, and we went to the dining room. I walked in last, making sure everyone walked in.

"Jules, can you sit with me?" Dante asked. I saw Enoch shift uncomfortably.

"Uh, sure," I said and sat next to him and Horace.

"So what happened while we were away?" Miss Peregrine asked.

"I have a story," Millard said.

"Go on." Miss P smiled.

"Well, Emma told me to help clean the screening room. I accidentally knocked over a vase, so I went to the kitchen to get a towel. I walked in and saw Juliet and Dante snogging." He snickered. My face grew red.

"I beg your pardon?" Miss Peregrine asked.

"Millard! You clean the house naked?" I asked.

"Yep."

"We'll discuss this later." Miss Peregrine said.

Syzygy: syz·y·gy

ˈsizijē/

nounASTRONOMY

a conjunction or opposition, especially of the moon with the sun.

alignment of celestial bodies

***
Lol
Pls vote if u liked this!
-Cali
***