29

[edited]

Emma's POV

It was so sweet when Enoch hugged Juliet. Just as he pulled away, Barren appeared from behind. His hand turned into a sharp tentacle.

"Juliet, look out!" I yelled. It was too late. She fell forward into Enoch's arms.

Barren stepped forward so he could hit Enoch, but got shot in the forehead by an arrow.

He let out a shriek and stumbled back.

"No." Enoch chocked on his sobs.

Barren stepped forward towards Enoch but was cut off when an arrow flew straight to his forehead.

We all looked at the direction where the arrow came from.

"Miss Peregrine!" I gasped.

"Not now. We need to make sure Juliet is okay." She said, striding to Enoch and Juliet in his arms.

She took Juliet in her arms and checked her pulse.

"In sorry children." She said sadly.

"No," I whispered.

"I'm really sorry," Hamilton said.

"Can't Kaitlyn heal?" Dante asked.

"Yes, but only small wounds." Miss Avocet said.

Just then, Kaitlyn took Travis' hand and the two walked to Juliet. I watched as the little ones kneeled down.

The twins both knelt and hovered their hands over Juliet's chest.

"What are they—" I cut off Jake by slapping a hand over his mouth to shut him up.

Kaitlyn and Travis' hands started to glow at the palms, and they shut their eyes.

I watched Juliet carefully then gasped. Her chest started to rise and fall. She was breathing again.

She gasped for air and sat up.

"What happened ?" She asked, looking around.

Juliet's POV

"What happened?" I asked. The last thing I remembered was blacking out after hugging Enoch.

"It doesn't matter. You're safe now." Olive said.

"Miss Peregrine, how did you know we were in danger?" Emma asked.

"You're my children. I always know. Besides that, you were supposed to be at home for 2 minutes and 3 seconds ago. I assume something was the matter, so I came here."

"We should head back now." Miss Avocet said.

As we started to walk out the door, I turned to Enoch.

"Enoch?" I asked and took his hand.

"Yes?"

"Before the incident, I had a sudden *epiphany. That was, I realized I still have feelings for you." I said shyly and looked down.

He stayed quiet for a few seconds, so I looked up. When he did, he kissed me.

Epiphany: e·piph·a·ny

əˈpifənē/

noun

A moment of sudden revelation

***
Awe😱🖤🖤
I finally updated!!!!!!!
I hope I enjoyed this chapter...
I know I did😉
-Cali
***