33

Hamilton's POV🖤

Juliet told me to use the bathroom upstairs while she used the one downstairs.

We had to sneak around because Miss Peregrine would be really mad if she found we tracked mud inside.

I slowly walked upstairs, watching my footsteps.

"What are you doing?" I heard someone say. My head shot up and J saw Enoch standing at the top of the stairs with his arms crossed.

"I'm, er, savoring the steps." I said, patting a stair.

"Right." He nodded, unconvinced. "And where's Juliet? Probably waiting for you downstairs, I bet. You two seemed to have had fun in the garden earlier." Enoch said, furrowing his eyes brows a little.

"What are you—oh! Don't worry, man. She was just showing me around. I don't li,e her that way. I actually wanted to ask about Olive..." I trailed off.

"Oh." He visibly relaxed. "Well, I can tell Olive really likes you." He said and I felt heat rise to my cheeks.

"R—really?" He nodded.

"I need to talk to her." I said running downstairs, but I quickly turned around. "I should clean up first." I chuckled and ran to the bathroom.

Enoch's POV

I watched Hamilton run to the washroom, and I went to my room. When I got there, someone was sitting in my chair, their back turned to me.

"Hello?" Imcalled, walking in.

"Hello there." An unfamiliar voice replied.

"Who are you?" I asked, and the chair spun around. I gasped when I saw a wight.

"N on e special. I just came to... finish some things." He smirked.

"What are you talking about?" The wight stood up and walked to me. I stood still, not moving a muscle.

"This." He put a finger to my forehead and everything went dark.

***
Sorry it's short, I wanted a ...
CLIFFHANGER!!!!!!
-Cali
***