Bonus Chapter ~ School AU (Finale)

Juliet's POV

"That is the stupidest joke I've ever heard." Enoch face palmed.

"Cheese that's not yours: Nacho cheese! How is that stupid! It's hilarious." I doubled over laughing.

"You honestly have too much fun." Enoch rolled his eyes. We were currently in his room, trying to figure out what to do for the project.

"Do you live by yourself?" I suddenly asked.

"Um, yeah." Enoch nodded softly. I found it unusual for a 16 year old to live alone.

"Where are your parents?" I asked him.

"Um... they passed away two years ago." He looked at his lap.

"Oh. I'm so sorry." I bit my lip anxiously. I didn't mean to upset him, I was just curious.

"No, it's fine. I honestly haven't had this much fun in a while." He admitted, giving me a small smile.

"Enoch O'Connor, are you saying in fun?" I smirked.

"You are fun, not your joke. My smile dropped and I scoffed.

"I happen to have the best jokes ever." I flipped my hair back. I noticed the way he lightened up when we sparked a conversation. He may be sad about his parents, but I've gotten to know more about him than others.

Everyone says he's sad, and torn apart. My secret goal was to be able to put him back together. Put happiness back in his life.

That gave me an idea for our project. I quickly grabbed the blank canvas that sat on the bed and started sketching.

"Juliet, what are you doing?" Enoch asked me.

I ignored him and continued working. After a basic sketch I showed it to him.

It wasn't much, but it was a stitched up heart with pins of happiness. (I was the happiness :D)

"I'm impressed." He smirked. "I can kinda see how this relates to the two of us."

"Yeah. I'm the happy things." I gave a cheeky smile.

"I was going to say you were the stitches. Because you're a pain." He snickered. 

I gasped and fake hurt.

"That... is so true." I laughed.

I didn't think in a million years I would have this much fun with the school's mysterious kid.

Turns out, Enoch has a knack for painting, so while he painted, I cracked jokes.

"What did the mermaid wear to maths class? An Algeabra!" I hit the bed, doubling over laughing.

These jokes are the best!

"Oh my goodness, Juliet, that was the lamest one yet." He shook his head.

"One more: I know all these jokes are cheesy, but I feel grate. Get t? Grate? Like a che—"

"Juliet, sit in the corner, and stay quiet." I could tell I annoyed him. Mission accomplished.

-

"Mr. O'Connor and Ms. Blackwood." Enoch and I walked up to the front, me with the canvas.

I placed it on the ledge of the chalkboard and turned to everyone.

Enoch and I didn't really practice a speech, but he said he would do the speaking.

"Can we start off by saying who contributed what?" Miss Avocet asked.

"Well, I did the basic sketches and Enoch painted." I told her. She nodded and gestured to proceed.

Enoch took a deep breath and stepped up.

"When I worked on this project with Juliet, I sort of felt... not alone. I told her about things that have happened to me; things that tore me apart. But Juliet was there to pick up the pieces and made me feel accepted." He turned and smiled at me.

"That was beautiful. Both of you did a wonderful job." Miss Avocet smiled.

I walked next to Enoch, grabbed his hand, and we walked back to our seats together.

This series is over!
So, at the top is the painting, but unpainted...make sense?

»I decided to take on a project. I used to paint, but I've felt uninspired. So I'm taking up a new project.«

And guess what? #501 in fanfics!!!!! YAYYYYY

AND THNX SO MUCH FOR 25k!! I never would've thought I'd have this many reads:D

-Cali xx