28

[edited]

Emma's POV

"Olive?" My eyes widened.

"What are you doing here?" Enoch whispered.

"I followed you. I overheard Jake and Emma, and I wanted to help." She replied.

"Well, I guess," I said.

"Who's this?" Olive asked, looking at Hamilton.

"I'm Hamilton. I'm guessing she's peculiar too?" He asked and Olive nodded.

"Okay, Olive, Hamilton will pour gasoline on Barren and the hollows inside. Before we do, we need you to sneak in and set them on fire." Jake said

"I'm on it." She climbed through a big window next to the door. She snuck behind the sofa which was behind Barren.

"Now, Hamilton," Jake said. Hamilton put his hands in front of him like he was casting a spell. All of a sudden a jug of gasoline appeared from another room. I suppose Barren didn't notice, because he was still yelling at Dante.

I a blink, the gasoline was dumped on Barren and the three hollows. I could see the figure of the hollows because of the gasoline.

A second later, Olive touched Mr. Barren's coat and he lit on fire. He stumbled backward into a hollow, causing it to catch fire as well.

"Let's go," Enoch said. We ran through the backdoor to where the chaos was inside. I quickly untied Miss Avocet, Kaitlyn, and Travis. Dante helped as well.

"You meddling children!" Mr. Barren yelled.

Jake's POV

While Emma untied the others, I grabbed a lamp from off a drawer and started swinging at the hollows. I hit on in the leg.

"Let me help," Hamilton said. He used his molecularkenesis to raise the lamp, then it was violently swung into the hollows head, piercing the forehead.

I ran to the boxes that Miss Avocet had in the corner of the room. I opened the first box which was Dante's.

"No... no... no... what?" I pulled out a tanning rod? I didn't question it. I turned it on and ran back to the hollows. I swung at the second one's stomach. It started steaming, then the hollow fell back.

I killed a hollow. With a tanning rod. Huh.

I ran to help Hamilton with the third on. I used the tanning rod at the hollow's feet. Or whatever they're called. It shrieked in pain and fell backward.

It was just us and Barren.

"It's great to finally meet you kids. Speaking of which  good to see you too, Miss Peregrine." Barren waved. We all turned around but didn't see anything. When we turned back, he was gone.

"Dang!" I sighed.

"Juliet!" Enoch rushed to her, standing to the side. She stood emotionless and unmoving.

"What have you done?" I asked Dante, who was just watching.

"I—I'm sorry." He shook his head and walked to Juliet. He put a hand on her cheek and she blinked at the realization.

"What happened?" She asked.

Juliet's POV

"What happened?" I asked and shook my head.

"Jules!" Someone yelled and hugged me.

"E—Enoch?" I asked. He pulled back and looked at me. At that moment I hugged him again.

"I thought I'd lost you."  He whispered.

"Juliet, look out!" Was the last thing I heard before everything turned black.

***
All that action, not enough space😐😑😐
Lol...
Cliffhanger!!!!
***