17

[edited]

Juliet's POV

I didn't know Miss Peregrine's job was so hard. The kids were so reckless. I kept shouting for them to start, that it came to pleasing.

"Please, Claire, don't break the— is that my phone?!" I chased her and Bronwyn around the living room as they tossed my phone around.

"Need help?" I heard Jake ask.

"Yes. Please." I said in between breaths. He chased Clair and tickle attacked her. Claire dropped my phone, and I scurried to pick it up.

"Damn. You have an iPhone 7?" Jake asked impressed. I chuckled and nodded.

"How come Mary Poppins didn't struggle this much." I groaned.

"Lunch!" Olive called from the dining room. Bronwyn put down the stone pillar, Millard stopped pillow fighting Horace, the twins stopped fighting over a bear, Kaitlyn and Travis stopped yelling, Hugh stopped jumping on the couch, Fiona stopped climbing the curtains, and Claire stopped throwing books out of the shelves.

They all stopped simultaneously and ran to the dining room.

"Food. That's all it takes." Enoch groaned.

"At least it's quiet." Emma agreed.

"Peace and quiet can only be *ephemeral." I nodded.

"Do you have a dictionary in your brain or something?" Jake smirked.

"No. I'm just smart." I sassed

We also walked into the dining room and saw Dante setting the table.

"Enjoy." He smiled. Not smirked, smiled.

"Dante cooked the food." Olive smiled.

"So it's poisoned? If he cooked, why isn't it charred?" I asked, looking at the sandwich.

"I'm sorry about all the trouble I caused you. This is an apology lunch." I hesitantly took a bite.

"This is, actually good. I guess." I murmured.

We finished up lunch. Miss Peregrine and Miss Avocet weren't going to be back until dinner.

"Okay. We are going to clean up before Miss Peregrine and Miss Avocet come back." Emma clapped her hands.

"The twins, Claire, Olive, and Hugh are cleaning the living room; Fiona, Bronwyn, Horace, and Millard will clean the screening room, Jake, Enoch, and I will clean up around the rooms and halls, Juliet will clean the kitchen, and Dante will clean the dining room," Emma ordered.

I walked into the kitchen and started washing some dishes. I didn't realize how many plates there were. I started cleaning for about 20 minutes.

"Need help?" I heard a voice behind me.

"Uh, yeah, actually." I nodded. Dante walked up next to me and started helping me with the dishes.

"You know, I am sorry." He said.

"I half forgive you," I said.

"Please forgive me." He said, putting a plate down. I looked up at him, into his bright blue eyes.

"I— uh." I hesitated. Then he did something I'd never expect him to do. He grabbed my face and gently kissed me.

I didn't kiss or pull back. Because of this, Dante pulled back just a few inches.

"I'm sorry I—" I cut him off by kissing him. Honestly, Dante wasn't really a bad guy. Most of the time, the reason he was gone a lot was because he was the oldest in the house and helped Miss Avocet a lot.

I pulled back quickly when I heard someone.

"What's taking so— Juliet?"

Ephemeral: e·phem·er·al

əˈfem(ə)rəl/

adjective

lasting for a very short time.

***
Ooooh
Cliffhanger😱😱
Pls like if you enjoyed🤘
Sorry for a short chapter😕
-Cali
***